Re: Attachments from Yahoo, Storage capacity #yahoo

Gilbert Coville

On Nov 11, 2019, at 1:20 PM, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@tds.net> wrote:

On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 03:11 PM, Alan wrote:
We were warned that "Attachments" would not be transferred from YG -
- Is there a way to move those attachments manually either directly from YG to Groups.io, or from my PC to Groups.io ?
Alan -- If you can download them to your PC, you could then upload them to your group's files area. At that point you could edit each of the affected messages to include a link to those files. But that's the best you can do. There is no attachment icon on the message edit toolbar, thus no way to "reattach the attachments."

The following is a YG help question, but perhaps you would indulge ?
- How can one see how much storage space one is using on YG ?
Go to your group and click on Files. Scroll all the way to the bottom of the page. You will find something to the effect of "Using XX.X MB of maximum 200 MB"
Now click on Photos, followed by Albums. At the top of the page this time, you will find something to the effect of "Using YY.Y MB of maximum 100 GB. ZZZ photos uploaded so far."

Adding XX.X and YY.Y will get you a rough estimate.

Bruce
In my group, we had only 17 attachments associated with 14 messages. Instead of putting them in the files area, I crafted a message with all of them attached. I sent it to the group with a hashtag that had the no email setting. I then carefully edited the older messages in the archive to point to the proper attachments in the new message. It was somewhat laborious, but I think it will be worth it. I had to do a ton of trials in a test group to get it right first.

Gilbert