Re: Can a group name begin with a number? #groupname

Frances

On Sun, Oct 27, 2019 at 10:02 PM, Bill Brelsford wrote:
I tried to create a group whose name begins with a number, e.g.
9abc. It failed, saying "That address has already been taken".
However, its webpage, https://groups.io/g/9abc, fails with "Sorry,
but that group does not exist".

Our organization has such a name -- can I create a group with that
name?
You can have a number. (I belong to a travel group with 1 as the first part of the name.)
I believe there is a period of time that prevents reusing a name.

At any rate, take a look at this thread - https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum/message/20560

FAQ on Moving from YahooGroups
GMF Wiki: (unofficial) Help for members (and would-be members) and group managers