Re: Problem replying in Thunderbird using message footer link #reply-to-group

Glenn Glazer

On 10/20/2019 07:21, West Coast CompaƱeros Staff wrote:
Your comments clarify nicely the function of the HTML code for the footer Reply links. I discovered that for myself when I inspected that code and I've moved past my expectation that quoted text would be loaded into the reply message. What had originally led me to believe that Thunderbird was trying to do that was the new TB tab that opens up along with the reply message. That tab is labeled "Loading ..." and remains there doing nothing until you close it. That seems to be a bug in Thunderbird, and it is that TB behavior that Pablo and I have been investigating. My message to Pablo (quoted above) should have made that clearer to the group. My bad. The bug seems to be alive and well in the latest version of TB and does not seem to be caused by Add-ons. As a TB bug, it is probably not an issue that we need to continue discussing in GMF.

Robert R.
I've seen that and I agree it is a bug in Thunderbird. It's not related to groups.io though, so I think further investigative work would be best done offlist - especially given how much traffic there is on the list of late.

Best,

Glenn