Re: Migrate several Yahoo groups into one subgroup possible?

Bruce Bowman

On Sun, Oct 20, 2019 at 09:59 AM, Ben Stuyts wrote:
I am going to migrate a couple of Yahoo groups. I know I can migrate them into their own subgroups. But some of them overlap, both in subject and in members, and it would make sense to merge them into a single subgroup. Is that possible?

If not, I could migrate them separately into their own subgroups.
I believe it is possible, but I don't know of anyone who has done it.

If you try it, and it doesn't work, no harm done...you can always fall back on Option 2. Please report back on what you find.

But is it then possible to merge two subgroups? I know that I can export data per subgroup, but I don't think I can put that back (including messages etc) into another subgroup.
There are no tools available that would allow you to merge the subgroups afterward; nor can you merge subgroup content into the primary group.