Re: $110 transfer question about attachments.

Ben Stuyts

Hi,

There is an option to archive this yourself with some open source tools but you have to be knowledgeable in shell scripting, python, etc. (Or know somebody who will put in the effort for you.) I am currently using this script as a basis to archive some groups: https://github.com/IgnoredAmbience/yahoo-group-archiver It requires a lot of tweaking/handholding, and downloading attachments is still a bit of a problem. (But I’m getting there…)

BTW, Bruce (and others), thanks for all the effort you put into this group. Much appreciated, I learned a lot in the last few days from reading your answers!

Ben

On 19 Oct 2019, at 15:59, Bruce Bowman <bruce.bowman@...> wrote:

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 09:54 AM, Stinson Webmaster wrote:
So is there a paid service above the $110 that could port that data over?
No.

Or is there an explanation why that can not be done?
It has never been an option within the transfer process, and I believe if it could have been done, Mark would have been put it in place a long time ago.