Using website, vewing UNread messages within an ALREADY read topic?

jay@...

Trying to track this down for my users. Most users do all reading on the Groups.io website only with no email.

How does a user on the website view (or differentiate) UNread messages within an ALREADY read topic?

That is, I go to the website and see a topic Foo with a icon next to it with a 5 in it indicating helpfully that there are 5 messages within Foo. Foo topic name is blue since I have never read it.

I click Foo and read all 5 messages and return to the topic list where Foo is now black as expected. Time passes. 3 more messages are emailed or added on the web by others to the Foo topic.

How do I know they are there? If I refresh the page is my Foo link now blue?

If my link is blue and I click it, how do I know which messages have not been read? (And if this is a topic with 500 messages and 30 scattered new ones even more so how do I know unread ones?)

Thanks!