Re: #membership #membership

Rob,

I was about to do that but read that when you delete a subgroup, the
name of that subgroup becomes unavailable for later use.
I don't think that's true of subgroups, only primary groups.

That is, in the form: "subgroup-name@primary-name.groups.io"; or the alias form "primary-name@groups.io" (which is also the form used by groups which have no subgroups) only the "primary-name" is required to be unique system-wide and is reserved on deletion.

Then I read someone say that if you rename a subgroup before you
delete it, this won't happen - but that was never verified.
Again, I think this only applies to primary group names. When you rename a group the prior name is not held in reserve.

I've never used Slack so I can't help with the rest of your question.