Re: How do I transfer events from one calendar to another? #calendar #howto

Renée Munson

Got it. Thank-you. Is there a central “wishlist” where one could request such a feature, in some future update, from the powers that be? ;-)

Just the ability to import a file like that into the main calendar would be enough. Then, we could make the planning calendar in google or ical and import from there. (or out and back again)

Thanks!

On Jul 23, 2018, at 8:08 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

R,

... then we could transfer all those planned events to the main
calendar (viewed by the entire membership) all at once. Is this
possible?
Well, at the bottom of the planning calendar pages is a blue "Subscribe to Calendar" button. Clicking on that will give you a link to a page containing that calendar's events in iCalendar (.ics) file format.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ICalendar

But that's only half an answer, because I don't know of a way to then import that file into the main calendar.

Likewise one by one. In each event you can download it as an .ics file, but then there's still no way to import them into the main calendar.