legends #updates

Jo Pol

Legends are a new feature on GroundForge since today. Hover with your mouse over the new icon for all stitches in the pattern. he icon is available on four of the panels. Attached example shows red represent multiple variants of stitches. Click the icon for general details. For example why a twist mark only means there is more than one twist.

Please report glitches and what could use more clarification.

Pierre Fouché

Dear Jo

The legend for the stitches is a wonderful addition. Well done. I certainly makes it easier to communicate how to interpret a ground without having to write elaborate instructions.

Would it make sense to have it form part of the .svg download underneath the graphic? That way if  the design only exists as a pricking.svg by some accident, the key to working it will be available

Best

Pierre

On Thu, 18 Feb 2021 at 21:19, Jo Pol <jo.pol@...> wrote:
Legends are a new feature on GroundForge since today. Hover with your mouse over the new icon for all stitches in the pattern. he icon is available on four of the panels. Attached example shows red represent multiple variants of stitches. Click the icon for general details. For example why a twist mark only means there is more than one twist.

Please report glitches and what could use more clarification.

Jo Pol

The thought crossed my mind too. But this way it was a quick win.

Another option would be a link back to the site. Then you have access to everything. But that link would also appear while embedded on the web page. Compare for example these kat variations and its download, whoops the download works in Inkscape but not in a browser, don't know about other third party editors.

My first priority however is exploring options to make the download available for tablet only users.

Marian Tempels

I like the new feature.

Pierre wrote:
Would it make sense to have it form part of the .svg download underneath the graphic?

I wonder, would we then also need an indication where A1 etc is on the pricking? Escpecially when stitches as "cl" or "crcl" are used.
Paris ground:
 vs

Nice to have feature: a kind of downloadable report with "everything" in it: the pricking, the stitches, picture of thread diagramm.

--
Groetjes van Marian

Jo Pol

The redesign will combine colors with symbols. ID-s would be no longer play a significant role.

Everything: something to note down in the brainstorm we had for the redesign.

Marian Tempels

Maybe it is on purpose, but
the text "black" is missing on the legend. The lay-out suggests that cl, cr etc also have color-code red. (See tct (c1), which of course is green.)

--
Groetjes van Marian

Jo Pol

Fixed, thank you Veronika for assisting with compilation.

Marian Tempels

TOP!
--
Groetjes van Marian