approve license change

Jo Pol

We are in the process of changing the license for the documentation of GroundForge and the pattern definitions for GroundForge. We are dropping the non-commercial clause. This means that the shown pattern definitions can be used however you wish as long as you give credit were credit is due.

A side note: the CC license in the sidebar of the pages applies to the content of the pages, not to the lace you create. Like you can knit and sell multiple cardigans from a single pattern but not sell copies of the pattern unless the author of the pattern allows you.

To make the change effective, we need a formal approval of each contributor. Otherwise eventual heirs or debt collectors of a contributor could cause trouble.

Pierre:

To avoid a github account for you, you can reply to this public mail archive that you approve dropping the non-commercial clause.

Pierre Fouché

Dear Jo and GF contributors

I hereby give my formal approval for the proposed Goundforge license changes to published pattern definitions, namely dropping the non-commercial use clause, but keeping an attribution clause.

I think this is a wonderful idea that would encourage innovation and dissemination.

Kind Regards

Pierre Fouché

--
Best