Topics

Griduino News

Barry Hansen

What’s new with Griduino these days?

Case: The custom cases from Polycase turned out great, look nice and turned out well. I like them a lot. I’ll ship new kits with these going forward.

Barometer: I’ve worked hard over the last three weeks to whip the barograph program into shape. It’s finally starting to look like how I think a smart barometric display should be. See screen shot below. This image shows a short white line; it has collected and graphed the most recent four hours of readings. At the moment it’s a standalone example program; when this feature settles down a bit more, I’ll merge it into a new view in the main Griduino program.

Snapshot of working barograph example program

This photo also shows off the perfectly fitted display opening on the custom Polycase.

The barometer updates its display every five minutes (on the dot) and logs the reading every 15 minutes. The vertical scale is automatically adjusted to always enclose the range of data. This photo was taken on 9/30 but the date shows “10/1” because it’s in GMT time zone. You can tap the screen to switch units from metric (hPa) to english (inHg). The red “7#” indicates that 7 satellites are in view, but that doesn’t matter because the real-time clock keeps accurate time without any satellites at all.

To install and run the Barograph program, download the code from GitHub at https://github.com/barry-ha/Griduino/tree/master/examples/Baroduino

Barry K7BWH

Barry,
The cases turned out great. They really finish off the project.
Have you considered adding one small hole in the front of the case so one could use a paperclip to put the unit into bootloader mode?
It should be an easy upgrade to the existing case once you figure out the location.
I love your firmware updates. Keep adding the features.
Thanks
Dave
VE7HR

--