Topics

GMT clock

Barry Hansen

Has anyone noticed the GMT clock display stop counting up?

I’ve had an intermittent problem that’s been difficult to reproduce. After a few days or a few weeks of continuous operation, the GMT clock might freeze and show the same reading until the Griduino reboots. It’s random; I haven’t found any way to provoke this to happen. If you’ve seen this, let me know. Tell me a little about where your device is installed and how it’s powered, in case there’s something in its environment (like transmitting on your radio?) that might be a factor.

Thanks!

Barry Hansen K7BWH

Rod WE7X

Yes, I just noticed it this week.  I know you had mentioned that possibility, but it caught me off guard, and I rebooted it before I thought much about it.
Mine had been running continuously  on a 12v DC supply, since my GMT clock update was completed. That must have been at least two weeks ago, and maybe more.  You can check my messages to confirm when that was.
.No radio operation nearby.
  I did not think to look at the display for the time and date it happened, so I do not know it it was 2 or 3 days after the last boot, or 2 or 3 weeks.
   Next time I will be more aware,  and look at the display for more details.
Rod J.

Rod WE7X

I just checked.  It was a month ago, when I did the update.
  The Griduino will ride with me this weekend while I do comms for the big car rally in the woods outside Shelton
 I will be continuously within the a fairly central part of CN87, but it will still be interesting to watch the 6 -digit display change; and of course i will be using the GMT clock for this event.
  Rod J
 Issaquah, WA

Barry Hansen

Rod, have fun in the rally.
Want to hear the 6-digit crossing announced in CW? There’s a new option. Load v0.27  as of 2020-11-03 or later and click the gear icon a few times to choose it. I’d like to hear your (or anyone’s) reaction. Seems to me that copying 6 characters by ear is a little long in this situation; maybe it should send only the last two characters. Anyway, try it and see.

Barry K7BWH