From: Nick Krachmalnick <nickk968@...>
Sent: Saturday, October 10, 2020 5:26 PM
To: Barry <barry@...>
Subject: Re: Found the "Time" file in the libraries.

Hi again Barry,

Resolved the missing "Adafruit SAMD Boards" file issue.  Per the online documentation (under the Overview section ) in the IDE setup section, there was a reference to a URL that needed to be added under the preferences tab of the file dropdown menu.(add URL)

https://adafruit.github.io/arduino-board-index/package_adafruit_index.json

Once I added this file, I could then see the Adafruit SAMD Boards library and then installed that. After that I could see the Feather M4 Express in the boards list under tools....

Now I can proceed with completing this project.

73's Nick N0CYT

Nick Krachmalnick N0CYT

Hi Barry,

Happy to help you, anytime.

Nick

On Thu, Oct 29, 2020 at 10:21 AM Barry Hansen <barry@...> wrote:

Thanks Nick. I used your advice to update the Programming instructions in the docs folder. I’ve added a step about the Preferences tab along with a screen shot, and a description to enter the necessary URL so the Feather and the Adafruit SAMD boards will show up its list of hardware candidates.

              https://github.com/barry-ha/Griduino/blob/master/docs/PROGRAMMING.md#4-how-to-setup-the-arduino-ide-for-griduino

I still need to retest all these instructions in detail. Someday I will set up a new PC from scratch for the Griduino build environment. Until then, at least it now describes what must be done to get SAMD boards to show up in the list of selectable hardware.

73 Barry K7BWH