Topics

beta v0.26 available

Barry Hansen

Griduino version 0.26 is now available in GitHub. The ‘downloads’ section offers pre-compiled binary programs.

This is a significant rewrite for all the barometric sensor code. There is a single C++ class that does datalogging for the barometer. It’s used in both programs and now “Griduino.ino” will collect and internally store all the barometer readings for at least days. Although it can’t display them (yet) you can switch programs and load the Baroduino binary and it can show all the data stored by the other program. Now you don’t have to wait another three days to see a 3-day graph.

Incidentally, the barometer-filtering settings are now much more lively. Previously it was using IIR (infinite impulse response) settings from some Adafruit example. However, those settings were extremely sluggish and it would take the sensor several hours to settle on the current pressure. After reading the Bosch datasheets, they offer a range of example IIR settings for various applications from “handheld device” to “sluggish weather station”. I chose some more lively settings more suitable for drivers and now it takes only 5-10 minutes to settle on current pressure. By the way, the BMP388 is sensitive enough to measure and report us blowing on the device or closing doors. That’s a little more lively than we need!

I recommend all users update their Griduino device to v0.26 software.

Barry K7BWH

Barry,
Had to make another Martini as I keep on losing those toothpicks. :-)
After a slight adjustment to the USB opening I have V.26 running.
The new programming drill with the toothpick is so slick.
Thanks for coming up with a great solution.
Dave
VE7HR

--
72 de Dave
VE7HR

Mark VE7AFZ

Hi Barry.  Thanks for the software update !  I look forwards to trying this out soon.

Re Dave's comment about having to make a slight adjustment to the USB opening.  I found not all of my USB cables would seat properly.  I did mange to find a suitable cable in my collection of cables that works okay (it has a rounded profile to the connector, my cables with a rectangular profile don't seem to fit.)    I debated slightly enlarging the  the hole for the connector with a file but decided not to.

73
Mark S
VE7AFZ

On Friday, October 30, 2020, 10:03:07 a.m. PDT, Dave Miller <ve7hr@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you for the product enhancement and marketing idea! I shall ship a toothpick “Nonmetallic Update Actuator” with all new Griduino kits and raise the price by $25. This will be great.

Barry K7BWH

[...]

John KM7O

Up and running with V.26
John KM7O

[...]