Re: 1956 Gilbert HO train set?.

Dale Smith

What is the number on the Hudson?  56 should be a 443 or 446 with nmra couplers.   The orange reefer could be NP 521 or PFE 504.  Morrell 524 came out in 57.  That green gondola has me stumped though.  Take a look at the gondolas.  You can pull up a list of rolling stock by type.  I think it is probably a constructed set.

Dale

On 7/29/2018 6:33 PM, SP4149 wrote:

Back in 1956 I received a Gilbert HO trainset.  The track (if any) disappeared a long time ago.

What I remember, first and foremost was the NYC Hudson (I still have it), a red 8 wheel center cupola caboose (American Flyer?), an orange reefer, and maybe a green gondola..

And It seemed that it had a green power pack, actually a variable transformer that hummed louder the older it got.  Not sure if the power pack was from Gilbert.  I'm not sure if this was an assembled set

from things my dad found at the local hobby shop or if it had been sold as a set.  Just 3 years before I got a Flyer set for Christmas, so the HO set may have been assembled for economy..

Any ideas of whether this was a factory set sold by Gilbert?

Join GilbertHOtrains@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.