Re: bakelite track

jsangiovanni@snet.net

Hello John, it has value just for the fact that it is old and part of the Gilbert HO collectable toy train line. I've seen it go for good money at times. Then it goes cheaply. All on eBay of course. You can use it if you wanted to. Or hold on to it as part of a collection. Unless it was absolutely trashed, I would never discard any old toys or parts. There will always be someone who would like to have them even if you might not wish to keep them.
Dom

On Sunday, July 15, 2018 4:58 PM, John Hutnick <johnhutnick@...> wrote:

I picked up some curved and straight sections of old Gilbert HO brown bakelite track, the type with nails on the ends.
Is this of any value, or do people throw out old track because it is worthless?
There are some cardboard boxes, yellow band, blue inside.  Gilbert?
Thank you for any help -- John Hutnick

Join GilbertHOtrains@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.