New parts...

Joe King

Hey guys. Hope everyone had a safe holiday. I wanted to give you an update on the new parts I've been working on. I found out the hard way that there's a HUGE learning curve when it comes to mold making and casting. I went ahead and jumped in with both feet. After a couple of oh crap and wtf moments, i think i finally have a handle on this and with a few more adjustments to my molds, I should have some usable parts shortly. The ALCO railings are going to need another mold made since the last mold has a defect. I'm chasing down trapped air in the ALCO horn, tank car chassis and chemical car platform molds which is preventing me from achieving a perfect cast.

Here's some pictures for you of my scrap plastic... You can see in a few of the parts the trapped air problems.

Talk to you soon...
Joe

Join GilbertHOtrains@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.