From: jsangiovanni <jsangiovanni@...>
To: GilbertHOtrains <GilbertHOtrains@groups.io>; ken <ken@...>
Sent: Sun, May 27, 2018 5:16 am
Subject: Re: [GilbertHOtrains] Repowering DC Hudson

That worm gear was also used on an S gauge accessory, though I can't for the life of me remember which one. I had picked up a couple on eBay that were sold as an S gauge worm gear. Before buying them I asked for some dimensions and they matched the HO motor worm. I bought them and they were the same gear.
Dom

On Saturday, May 26, 2018 1:06 PM, SP4149 <ken@...> wrote:

Recently I acquired a mid 50's HO DC Hudson.  The OEM motor was labeled a 7-15 volt universal motor.
The motor was worn and drew a lot of current.  I replaced it with a 18mm square 4 magnet 6 pole DC motor.
The hardest part was removing the worm from the OEM motor.  Has anyone made a replacement worm available for
installation on a new motor??
  The OEM worm appeared to be a bored for a 2.4mm shaft.  I had to make a long sleeve to mount it the worm on a 2mm
shaft motor.  Was the same worm used on other Gilbert HO steamers?

ken clark

Join GilbertHOtrains@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.