Re: The 33507 D&H gondolas

Dale Smith

Joe,

Could you get me individual photos of the Pikemaster versions that are about 1000 or more pixels wide.  I can scale it down if needed.  A photo showing the bottom would be good too, but maybe I can use one bottom photo to illustrate them all.

Jay,

Thanks for the info on the Trap Rock.  I will note it on the web page. The Southern Cal S Gaugers have picked their S-Fest West "HO car never made in S until now" car and it is the Morrell reefer.  I kept telling them to do a Trap Rock Gondola, but apparently I wasn't persuasive enough.

Dale

On 5/3/2018 12:46 PM, Joe King via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Dale,
Yes, the 1959/60 versions of the 33507 are the sane car carrying 3 containers. The 59' will have sprung trucks, the 1960 will have solid trucks as mine does above albeit missing one container. The uncataloged version of the 33507 is painted over a Trap Rock, which is the Hong Kong gondola started in 61. I know of only 5 "pikemaster" 33507 that exist.

Same goes with the 33116 Bethlehem Steel. That car was made as both a regular gondola with the rail load and also in a much harder to find  "pikemaster" version with no load(again, painted over a Trap Rock).

Here's a picture of all of the pikemaster gondolas, sans the variations of the Monon, NH and Trap Rock.

Join GilbertHOtrains@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.