[GaRRHistory] pictures of the Georgia Railroad and West Point Route equipment and operations

Robert Hanson

Ben - 

A number of the CD's you mention were produced by the late W. B. (Bill) Folsom from his extensive slide collection.  Bill passed on in 2009.  The CD's turn up once in a while at railroad shows and occasionally on e-bay.  CD's were produced by others as well, but most of the ones I have were made by Bill Folsom.

I don't know for certain if he made one covering the Georgia Railroad/West Point Route, but I believe that he did.

About 25 or so years ago Al Langley and the late Forrest Beckum produced a volume titled "Georgia Railroad Album."  It is long out of print but shows up on e-bay and Amazon.com from time to time.

Bob Hanson
Loganville, GA

-----Original Message-----
To: GaRRHistory <GaRRHistory@...>
Sent: Thu, Jan 10, 2013 8:46 pm
Subject: [GaRRHistory] pictures of the Georgia Railroad and West Point Route equipment and operations

Having gotten a bit of a taste for the Georgia /WPR through Bob Hanson's Georgia book, I am wondering if anyone can recommend further sources of pictures of operations, either in book form or dealers who sell those CDs that contain a compilation of loco, rolling stock and train shots ... I've got one of these for the Ga & Fla and it is very informative ... any recommendations for similar compilations for the Georgia Road or West Point Route ?

I like colour pics and transition/diesel era prior to 1975 is my area of interest.

regards, Ben