Topics

Yahoo Closing Groups

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Hi Dale,

Thanks for the info. Leaves me scratching my head when I see $3 billion in annual revenue for the last 4 or 5 years and stock price going from $50 to $240 per stock. I must be looking at the wrong stock.

The photos section says, "Using 783.9 MB of maximum 100 GB. 1186 photos uploaded so far." We're a long ways from running out of photo space. Do they start dining us when we go over the 1 GB limit?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against moving to IO.

Tom

randyleedecker@...

Could the lack of our ability to download photographs on this page be a heads up to Yahoo groups?     I have been waiting and wondering if Pat is going to move this group on to a new page or have ANYTHING to say at all...   I was waiting like the rest of us to hear from PAt but he is silent once again... to me this seems odd, at this point?

So this trouble loading photo's poses to questions for me perhaps it is worthy of discussion...

Query #1...  How many days where the photo download feature was not working has occurred in the past?    Not looking for an exact day or hour...  just in general.
  I am still relatively new to this group so perhaps it has seen this kind of trouble in the past.    This is day 5 now that I can't download a few photos and I know the photo features work as you can delete old photos with no trouble...   and you can download from your computer like normal but when you hit  "Post Photos" nothing happens.  It seems they are being routed to an automatic recycle bin....

Query #2 ..  If we go to a new group and Pat sends us over. Do we all need to apply to this new group again...?   THis is not a problem..  But it will be a problem of NO ONE IS THERE TO DO THIS TASK.... If you see my simple point.  ?
  I'd like to ask PAT...?  will you to go through a process to accept new membership from all of us if this is required.. and if this is not the case does he plan to keep up with any new memberships in the future.  I have spoken with four gentlemen now who knew John and were and still are aid model railroaders and they have submitted requests to join.    but no response.   Seems if you have a site perhaps there is a level of burnout after so many years of keeping up with things.

I think your input is welcome Pat and needed at this point.   it would be nice to say hello since the Facebook Nazi's will not let me begin another page for myself after leaving them.  I guess they take those things personally.

Randy

Michael Rozeboom

On 2019-03-04 10:16 a.m., randyleedecker@... [GandD] wrote:

[...]

Usually a move over to Groups.io is pretty seamless from the user standpoint.  You get an email telling you that you are now a member of this group, and that is pretty well everything you need to do.

About the only action you will need to take is editing your filters so the new messages go to the right place, if you are using filters.

--

Michael Rozeboom

Team Amiga

DCC Wiki Admin

William Butler

One of the Yahoo Groups that I belong to moved to Groups.IO.  You had to resubmit in order to join.   Anyone in this group can create the new group on IO though it would be best if several people were moderators.   Moving items from here would require copying and posting at the new group.
Regards,
Bill

Joseph Melhorn

Randy,
I did a search of Groups.io for "GandD" and it is not taken. I went ahead
and created it so we would have access to it should this group decide to
migrate to Groups.io. These is a 24 hour wait for approval of the group
creation. I would be happy to transfer ownership to whomever, if and when
the move is about to take place. On another group I subscribe to there was
mention of a program that could "archive" content from a Yahoo group. If I
remember correctly that included messages, files and pictures. Perhaps that
would be an option to consider, doing it ourselves. I do not wish to "step"
on anyone else's toes here, just trying to get the ball rolling.
Thanks,
Joe Melhorn
Sahuarita, AZ

[...]

Messages in this topic (58)

Yahoo Groups Links

randyleedecker@...

OK 1 week now and still no ability to load photo's.   what is more disturbing is No responses..?  perhaps I am not getting them or the page is not letting me see them?  who knows anymore...        Let me repeat that....me repeat that... repeat that... repeat that... repeat that... .echo... echo... echo... echo...  No responses..... sponses..... sponses... sponses  ....

lol

 And there still is ""No Pat""  (even after repeated attempts to ask him to step ion or even just say hello..)     I mean this is his page right..  he began this thing....  ?     Anyone want to let me in on the gag?    Anyone want to stick the stake in this poor thing?

Have we heard from moderator Daryl Huffman?

Bob

Date: Wednesday, March 6, 2019, 10:03 AM

[GandD] wrote:

[...]

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913 --
#yiv1702498913ygrp-mkp {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;font-family:Arial;margin:10px
0;padding:0 10px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mkp hr {
border:1px solid #d8d8d8;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mkp #yiv1702498913hd {
color:#628c2a;font-size:85%;font-weight:700;line-height:122%;margin:10px
0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mkp #yiv1702498913ads {
margin-bottom:10px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mkp .yiv1702498913ad {
padding:0 0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mkp .yiv1702498913ad p {
margin:0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mkp .yiv1702498913ad a {
color:#0000ff;text-decoration:none;}
#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-sponsor
#yiv1702498913ygrp-lc {
font-family:Arial;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-sponsor
#yiv1702498913ygrp-lc #yiv1702498913hd {
margin:10px
0px;font-weight:700;font-size:78%;line-height:122%;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-sponsor
#yiv1702498913ygrp-lc .yiv1702498913ad {
margin-bottom:10px;padding:0 0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913actions {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:11px;padding:10px 0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913activity {
background-color:#e0ecee;float:left;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;padding:10px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913activity span {
font-weight:700;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913activity span:first-child {
text-transform:uppercase;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913activity span a {
color:#5085b6;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913activity span span {
color:#ff7900;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913activity span
.yiv1702498913underline {
text-decoration:underline;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913attach {
clear:both;display:table;font-family:Arial;font-size:12px;padding:10px
0;width:400px;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913attach div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913attach img {
border:none;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913attach label {
display:block;margin-bottom:5px;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913attach label a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 blockquote {
margin:0 0 0 4px;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913bold {
font-family:Arial;font-size:13px;font-weight:700;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913bold a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 dd.yiv1702498913last p a {
font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv1702498913 dd.yiv1702498913last p span {
margin-right:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:700;}

#yiv1702498913 dd.yiv1702498913last p
span.yiv1702498913yshortcuts {
margin-right:0;}

#yiv1702498913 div.yiv1702498913attach-table div div a {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 div.yiv1702498913attach-table {
width:400px;}

#yiv1702498913 div.yiv1702498913file-title a, #yiv1702498913
div.yiv1702498913file-title a:active, #yiv1702498913
div.yiv1702498913file-title a:hover, #yiv1702498913
div.yiv1702498913file-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 div.yiv1702498913photo-title a,
#yiv1702498913 div.yiv1702498913photo-title a:active,
#yiv1702498913 div.yiv1702498913photo-title a:hover,
#yiv1702498913 div.yiv1702498913photo-title a:visited {
text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 div#yiv1702498913ygrp-mlmsg
#yiv1702498913ygrp-msg p a span.yiv1702498913yshortcuts {
font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;font-weight:normal;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913green {
color:#628c2a;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913MsoNormal {
margin:0 0 0 0;}

#yiv1702498913 o {
font-size:0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913photos div {
float:left;width:72px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913photos div div {
border:1px solid
#666666;min-height:62px;overflow:hidden;width:62px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913photos div label {
color:#666666;font-size:10px;overflow:hidden;text-align:center;white-space:nowrap;width:64px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913reco-category {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913reco-desc {
font-size:77%;}

#yiv1702498913 .yiv1702498913replbq {
margin:4px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-actbar div a:first-child {
margin-right:2px;padding-right:5px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mlmsg {
font-size:13px;font-family:Arial, helvetica, clean,
sans-serif;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mlmsg table {
font-size:inherit;font:100%;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mlmsg select,
#yiv1702498913 input, #yiv1702498913 textarea {
font:99% Arial, Helvetica, clean, sans-serif;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mlmsg pre, #yiv1702498913
code {
font:115% monospace;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mlmsg * {
line-height:1.22em;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-mlmsg #yiv1702498913logo {
padding-bottom:10px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-msg p a {
font-family:Verdana;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-msg
p#yiv1702498913attach-count span {
color:#1E66AE;font-weight:700;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-reco
#yiv1702498913reco-head {
color:#ff7900;font-weight:700;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-reco {
margin-bottom:20px;padding:0px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-sponsor #yiv1702498913ov
li a {
font-size:130%;text-decoration:none;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-sponsor #yiv1702498913ov
li {
font-size:77%;list-style-type:square;padding:6px 0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-sponsor #yiv1702498913ov
ul {
margin:0;padding:0 0 0 8px;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-text {
font-family:Georgia;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-text p {
margin:0 0 1em 0;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-text tt {
font-size:120%;}

#yiv1702498913 #yiv1702498913ygrp-vital ul li:last-child {
border-right:none !important;
}
#yiv1702498913

Charles Kinzer

It should be EASY to get some of this group’s member to pony up a few dollars if that is needed.  A very small consortium contributed quite a bit to make the Gorre & Daphetid Reminiscence Project (www.gdlines.org) a reality.  And that was vastly more time than the miniscule effort to move to groups.io.  There are now 11,008 public groups at groups.io.  And I’ll wager the lion’s share are Yahoo group escapees.

[...]

Bob Friddle

Darryl’s name as moderator is still in the monthly rules…