Topics

We've been YAHOOED!

Peter T. Prunka <trains@...>

Sometime recently our beloved Yahoogroups - in what may well be yet another
attempt to drum up cash - has apparently reset EVERYONE's email, mail and
telephone marketing preferences to "Yes" for everything.
Unless that's what you want - a flow of spam by mail, email and phone,
here's how to fix it:
- click on Account Info (upper right)
- log in with your Yahoo account/password
- in mid-page, click on "Edit your marketing preferences"
Check out all the stuff they've made as "YES" options, including email, and,
way down at the bottom US Mail and Via Phone.
I changed all my stuff to NO, and used the "edit" to delete my telephone
number. Be sure to click on the SAVE CHANGES box at bottom to save these
settings.
Of course, if you WANT to get their advertisers' stuff you can say "Yes" as
you please.

Stan Seeds <atsfstan3@...>

I checked out what you alleged. It was exactly as you described. Made the
changes and suggest that maybe all railroad related groups should move away
from Yahoo and go someplace else. These bums really irritate me with their
dictatorial money grabbing
Stan