Clarke

--- In GandD@y..., "okrasaghia" <okrasaghia@y...> wrote:
In Linn H. Westcotts book "Model Railroading with John Allen" G&D
is listed as a 0-4-0T yard goat and switcher made by Sakura.

In the same book Andy Sperandeo is quoted (page 117): 'When I first
began to operate at East Port, John had just installed that board
on
a suggestion from Cliff Robinson, and he was trying to use one of
the
Little Joe ["Dockside"] 0-4-0Ts as the East Port switch engine.'

Does this mean the #10 was a Dockside?
I've searched the internet for any Sakura 0-4-0T and the only one I
found was a Dockside imported by PFM.

In the same passage Andy Sperandeo says: 'One of the first things I
noticed when we went downstairs was that the 0-4-0T at East Port
had
been replaced by one of the G.D.'s sturdy Shays.'

Does this mean there were more G&D Shays than #7?

Linn admits his coverage is incomplete and we know that #43 was
actually a Berkshire and not a 2-10-2 as reported in the book.

/Okrasa

okrasaghia

Don't worry, #9 definitely was a Dockside.
It was the first engine John acquired and features in numerous
pictures.
My enquiry about #10 is if that too was a Dockside as information on
this engine is very limited.

/Okrasa

--- In GandD@y..., "cwarre2001" <clarke_warren@a...> wrote:
I just completed my n scale version of the dockside pictured in a
number of old MR articles. As close as I could determine, it was
numbered "9" so that is what I used. I don't suppose there's a
chance
that two docksides #'s 9 & 10 were in use?
Mine is a Riverossi beauty that runs and pulls great - I'll
eventually photograph it with the N scale Engine House I'm
starting (
finally)as most of the photo's from the MRs show them together.
Help?