Topics

Trains DVD

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

 Chuck can you isolate and ad now....  any advertisement, and print it out if you want from the DVD?
If so, I will watch for a cheap copy to come up and enjoy browsing through even if I don't find this advertisement.

randyleedecker@...

Charles Kinzer

I don’t know what you mean by “isolate”.  You can certainly search for text in ads (it has a check box for “Full Text (Content and Ads)”.

It does pretty well searching through everything, but if text is too stylized (some fancy script font or something) it can miss it.

You can print a page.  Or what I often do is zoom in a little and just use the “PrtScn” key to copy the screen  and then just paste into “Paint” and use its cropping feature to save what I want.

 Chuck can you isolate and ad now....  any advertisement, and print it out if you want from the DVD?
If so, I will watch for a cheap copy to come up and enjoy browsing through even if I don't find this advertisement.

randyleedecker@...

_._,_._,_

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

Well printing the whole page is probably good enough anyway.   I won't have to "isolate the ad" and print it by itself.   John must have just cut it right from a page, back when he saw it.    His billboard is fairly big.  must be almost 5" wide almost 2" high. Great little SP tie-in with a kid and a toy train,    perfect.

I will try and wait for a cheap version of this DVD to come up and see what's in it.   I only have a vague memory from another model railroader who thinks he saw this very ad in "Trains"     It's worth that much of a search.

Randy

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 10:36 AM Charles Kinzer <ckinzer@...> wrote:

I don’t know what you mean by “isolate”.  You can certainly search for text in ads (it has a check box for “Full Text (Content and Ads)”.

It does pretty well searching through everything, but if text is too stylized (some fancy script font or something) it can miss it.

You can print a page.  Or what I often do is zoom in a little and just use the “PrtScn” key to copy the screen  and then just paste into “Paint” and use its cropping feature to save what I want.

 Chuck can you isolate and ad now....  any advertisement, and print it out if you want from the DVD?
If so, I will watch for a cheap copy to come up and enjoy browsing through even if I don't find this advertisement.

randyleedecker@...

Michael Rozeboom

On 2019-07-24 11:16 a.m., Randy Lee Decker wrote:
Well printing the whole page is probably good enough anyway.   I won't have to "isolate the ad" and print it by itself.   John must have just cut it right from a page, back when he saw it.    His billboard is fairly big.  must be almost 5" wide almost 2" high. Great little SP tie-in with a kid and a toy train,    perfect.

I will try and wait for a cheap version of this DVD to come up and see what's in it.   I only have a vague memory from another model railroader who thinks he saw this very ad in "Trains"     It's worth that much of a search.

If you are a Mac user, be aware that at some point the MR DVD broke after an upgrade to OS X.  I do believe it was Mavericks that did it.  So it will not work.  Kalmbach just made excuses and immediately squelched any discussion of the issue. Seems it needs an update and they were not willing to pay for it.  Even out of the package it didn't install on a Mac because of an installer incompatibility.  You won't find the patched version either, which you had to download from Kalmbach.

The Trains DVD may suffer from the same problem.

Kalmbach excuses were silly, claiming Apple made changes without telling anyone.  Apple warns developers in advance that there may be changes, so get with the program and do it the proper way. The software house that created the DVD used an older version of Adobe software, which broke soon after release.

--

Michael Rozeboom

Team Amiga

DCC Wiki Admin

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

Well Michael you've got Big K nailed.  But then that it is a touchy subject in here.
     And I have pushed the envelope a bit far already.    Just the everyday stories told around the dairy farm, about model railroad memorabilia and of rats in the barn and how they horde cheese.

But I am old school PC.

Randy