Ken Graczyk

I know I will be told that I just need to delete the messages or leave the group but I am going to make this comment regardless.  I do not know if I have ever even posting anything on this site before.  It seems like some of the posting are not for the group but to another individual.  I used to enjoy reading some memories but now it seems like it is more commentary and opinion.  This is just my two cents and yeah, I should probably just leave the group.

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

Ken sadly there's not as many people with actual memories of Johns place who are still here to share these stories anymore.  It has been a long time since John passed.   There are members who have fantastic stories and you can find these messages in the search option above.    If you want to read some great stories "Search" the archived messages and type in "Rod Smith" ...  He would type wonderful stories about operating Johns layout and many of the guys who also operated would all chime in and lots of fun discussions had there.  As for today , Don Mitchell has a thread of information concerning Port and the control boards right now.

There are a few unfinished topics concerning John Allen and this happens to be something that came up this month.  No need to delete your message.  A discussion about John Allen is still what this site is about and these threads have a ton of good things including many at the top of the page right now.

  Some of us are trying to find the last of some things from John Allen we hope will be shared with the world.  These things deserve to be copied and allowed to be seen.   It is not an easy thing to do in some cases, but yet we try.  And this is the current history of John Allan's story.  Pretty or not.. it is a discussion worth having.   There is even some interesting information in all these notes.. .and they are very much John Allen topics...there is no narrow discussions here ANYTHING John Allen related can be found here, and this is very good.

    Have you been to the GDLines.org page?    All the photographs are free...  You don't have to pay for the privilege of seeing images of Johns layout that he took himself.   Some of the best photographs ever seen are in there. Click around on the pictures and check out each page... the site is incredible and free and the type of history John would be proud to see.   There is plenty of remensicing to do there.    As for having people come here to tell stories of John allen for everyone, I am not sure it is logical to believe this would happen forever.  If John had lived he would be 106 today.   Amazing how time flies right by.

Randy