Topics

The Glenn Beier Gallery for G&D #3 is ON-LINE!!

Jeffrey L Witt

And the launch page is linked to the main GDRP page as well (where all the recent additions have been added).

http://www.gdlines.org/GDLines/index.html

Errors, omissions, comments please. Most of all, ENJOY!

And let's not forget a HUGE thank you to Randy Decker for hunting down and negotiating the acquisition of this amazing collection, and scanning it at the highest resolution!!!

And to Chuck Kinzer for adding one from his collection, too!

Jeff

Rick Jones

On 8/16/2020 1:01 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via groups.io wrote:
And the launch page is linked to the main GDRP page as well (where all the recent additions have been added).
http://www.gdlines.org/GDLines/index.html
Errors, omissions, comments please. Most of all, /*ENJOY!*
http://www.gdlines.org/GlennBeierGallery/GD3/slides/GB_GD3_FrenchGulch_1.html

In the Comment "photographer" should be "photographed".

http://www.gdlines.org/GlennBeierGallery/GD3/slides/GB_GD3_Squawbottom_Akin_2.html

In the Comment "distance" should be "distant".

--

Rick Jones

Hat Check Girl: "Goodness, what beautiful diamonds."
Maudie Triplett (Mae West): "Goodness had nothing to do with it."
-"Night After Night"

Jeffrey L Witt

Thanks, Rick...starting a list...

Greg Komar

Jeff, Chuck, Randy and all….

Thank you sooo much!

Greg Komar

gkomar@...

813-453-0997

"An expert is a one who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field." ~~Niels Bohr

And the launch page is linked to the main GDRP page as well (where all the recent additions have been added).

http://www.gdlines.org/GDLines/index.html

Errors, omissions, comments please. Most of all, ENJOY!

And let's not forget a HUGE thank you to Randy Decker for hunting down and negotiating the acquisition of this amazing collection, and scanning it at the highest resolution!!!

And to Chuck Kinzer for adding one from his collection, too!

There are more photographs out there.   I hope we can all get the word out, and contact these families and friends of John's to find them and ask them to share them before they are gone.

The effort that Peter and Jeff put forth to create this repository for historic artifacts of all kinds showcasing John Allen's life and work has proved to be perfectly brilliant.   You can spend hours searching through the enlarged images and find so many fun snippets of John's Whimsy and vast talent.

     If you take the time and look at enlarged versions of these new photographs, you will find that the high resolution of the medium format B&W negatives and high res scans show great detail.  I believe that the photos of the third layout were taken about ten years into the build.

; I am currently working on the back wall and French Gulch and all the bridges there and on around the bend behind Scalp Mountain.  I have no excuses for making any bridges incorrectly as the details of this area are documented to the finest detail.

Enjoy.