Topics

The famous duplex outlet! Was: John Blanchard letters

Russell Courtenay

That is the photo of the famous outlet! I remember the lively discussion about that some years ago!

Zoom in on the back end of the tender then scroll down (about a foot) to the duplex outlet embedded in the scenery. I think it is awesome that some of you have modeled this on your own layouts!

I might install an old two-prong outlet but add flashing ‘arc’ LEDs that go off at irregular times, a bit of a tribute to Neil Young too! I’ve been replacing old outlets in our house that are wearing out and getting dangerously loose anyway!

On Jul 4, 2019, at 8:33 AM, Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

Randy, look at http://gdlines.org/GDLines/GD_Goodies/The_Slides/Set_01/s1_028_wall_jul68.jpg

That picture is taken standing in the aisle to the left of Gorre. Don't panic! Compare the bridges. Gorre was indeed there.

And as far as I can tell, you are making impressive progress. Go, man, go!

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

LMAO.....   I remember the discussions but now that I see it, I have to admit; I am glad you pointed it out again Russell...  A Total MUST HAVE..   I will find an old no ground duplex outlet and get it in there.   Love it...         My god we are a tedious bunch.

Randy

On Thu, Jul 4, 2019 at 1:35 PM Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io <walruswebtech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
That is the photo of the famous outlet! I remember the lively discussion about that some years ago!

Zoom in on the back end of the tender then scroll down (about a foot) to the duplex outlet embedded in the scenery. I think it is awesome that some of you have modeled this on your own layouts!

I might install an old two-prong outlet but add flashing ‘arc’ LEDs that go off at irregular times, a bit of a tribute to Neil Young too! I’ve been replacing old outlets in our house that are wearing out and getting dangerously loose anyway!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arc_(Neil_Young_%26_Crazy_Horse_album)

Russell Courtenay
July is national what month?