Topics

Switching at Port

okrasaghia

After getting contact with Keith Blanchard I mustered the currage to
write to Andy Sperandeo asking about #34 and some quotations of him
regarding switching at Port (Linn's book page 117).
While Andy was unable to provide any photos of #34 he did provide
some information regarding Port. There were two Docksides, the well
known #9 we have all seen in numerous photos but also #10 was a
Dockside.
Andy was not sure but he thinks there was also at least one Climax in
the latter years of G&D. He's sure one was used at Port and for the
Timesaver game but he can't recall if it wore G&D lettering or
belonged to one of the guys. If remebering correctly he thinks it was
a PFM/United Climax in G&D colors though.

Merry Christmas, Okrasa

tonkamoes <atticat@attbi.com> <atticat@...>

Hi gang, John had one PFM Shay, the early flywheel type and one PFM
Heisler. They had the Lindsey motors with the squed armituer. The
Climax that was used on the Time Saver belonged to one of the guys,
however John did paint it. I can't remember his name at the moment,
but he lived in Pacific Grove. He still has John's original Time
Saver and operates it at NMRA shows.
Happy Holidays, Keith
--- In GandD@..., "okrasaghia <okrasaghia@y...>"
<okrasaghia@y...> wrote:
[...]

I just remembered it is Allen Fenton that has John's Timesaver. I
believe the Climax belongs to him. Most of the old GD operators are
gone. Mamories are fading too.
happy hoildays, Keith
--- In GandD@..., "tonkamoes <atticat@a...>"
<okrasaghia@y...> wrote:
[...]

Dave

Unfortunatly Allen Fenton passed away in August of 2001, Glenn
Joesten now has the timesaver, see the link included:

http://www.pcrnmra.org/coast/dispatcher/Dec/Dec2001_Page01.doc

Dave Salamon
N Scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

tonkamoes <atticat@attbi.com> <atticat@...>

I am very sorry to hear about Allen's passing. He was a great guy.
Glen is great too. He is in On3 and makes it to many shows.
Cheers, Keith
--- In GandD@..., "Dave <drs_rr@y...>" <drs_rr@y...>