Topics

Sway back car

Tom Milam

Group,

I have a reply from my friend Jerry on the sway back car he gave me. Not  a lot, and I do not recall an operator with the last name Allen. I have yet to get out the car  to photograph her, soon just need to be NOT at work!

 Reply from Jerry:

"Charlie's last name was Allen....
The boxcar came from his dad and he was a regular on the G&D. It was thought to be a gift to him from John. I was looking at Grandt's collection of G&D cars and the workmanship is very similar."

Jerry B.

 Anyone have an idea who that would be? I guess Jerry does not know Charlie`s dad`s first name. I am sure there were lots of different operators over the years at John`s.

Tom Milam