Topics

Strombecker Kits currently on eBay

Galen Gallimore

To any who may be interested in duplicating #2, the CD Grandt, there are a couple Strombecker locomotive kits on eBay as of now.  In particular the one John Started with is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Strombecker-De-Witt-Clinton-Locomotive-wood-model-kit-1948/233534184948?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The same seller has another Strombecker kit but I don't believe it was used by John for #1.

I have no idea if these are good prices, but I stumbled across them in a related search and thought of this group.  Happy Summer, everyone!

Galen

http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

Thayer Syme

Good price or not, it is only $30 delivered, which likely isn't too much of a toss for a project with so much emotional investment. It certainly rates as a better ROI in my book than going out for dinner or, back when we could, dinner and a movie, based on the entertainment hours the project will represent.

Thayer

On 6/27/20 5:56 PM, Galen Gallimore wrote:
To any who may be interested in duplicating #2, the CD Grandt, there are a couple Strombecker locomotive kits on eBay as of now.  In particular the one John Started with is here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Strombecker-De-Witt-Clinton-Locomotive-wood-model-kit-1948/233534184948?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

The same seller has another Strombecker kit but I don't believe it was used by John for #1.

I have no idea if these are good prices, but I stumbled across them in a related search and thought of this group.  Happy Summer, everyone!

Galen

http://ocalicreek.blogspot.com/

mdmccaf

Love your style!

El Loco

[...]

Russell Courtenay

Me Allen’s was made of wood? I didn’t realize that!

On Jun 27, 2020, at 9:33 PM, Thayer Syme <thayer@...> wrote:

[...]

Thank you!

On 6/27/20 11:40 PM, mdmccaf wrote:
Love your style!