Topics

Slides

Jeffrey L Witt

Happy New Year all!!!

Dave - WOW - thanks, great pix!!

Why is it that so few pictures of Andrews were ever published? Was
there unfinished scenery in that area that prevented the high-quality
pictures John demanded, or was it just mundane (industries, etc.)
compared to the rest of the layout?

One request please - we cannot access these pictures at other
than "screen" resolution (thank you Yahoo). The "uploader" can, but
nobody else - I think Yahoo wants people to buy prints through its
printing service.

Can you please zip these files into an archive and place them in
the "files" section? The "screen" size is great for an idea of the
picture, but really can't be studied well.

By the way, if there are pictures that I have posted that anyone
wants "full size" access to, drop me a note and I will do what I can
to help. The problem is that we have limited "file area" size, and
really the "Photos" section is useless for posting hi-res quality
photos.

Peter Prunka - are you there? You offered before to provide some
server space - is this still possible? It would be great to have
space where photos could be posted without Yahoo's handcuffs.

Until then, lets load up the new group space (thanks, Pat!!).

Regards,

Jeff

Peter T. Prunka <trains@...>

I'm here and the offer still stands <g>.

I can set up a Gorre folder on my server and deliver all the pictures we've
got.

BTW, I've been quiet here, remembering John and the Gorre with fondness. I
was a sometimes visitor to John's home during my time in Sunnyvale, CA,
before it was Silicon Valley. I had just returned to NY when I read of
John's passing and the fire.

Unfortunately, all of my Gorre photos (and my passes!) were destroyed in a
fire as well, about ten years later. Anything I can do to keep alive the
memory of the Wizard of Monterey is small payback for the hours of enjoyment
and precious memories of a fine modeler and a finer gentleman.

Peter

Now for the details:

1. I will establish a section on my site for the Gorre photos, etc.

2. Anyone who wishes to house them there should send me the highest
resolution you have via e-mail to (Gorre AT prunka.com). Please add any
textual material that would be helpful to the first-time viewer.

3. I will post the material in a simple website and create a link here and
on the GDfiles site.

Questions and comments may be directed to me at the above address as well.
(That will get them sorted properly in my e-mail folders.)