Topics

Screen captures, was Re: Track cleaning cars

Joseph Melhorn

Randy,

Are you using a PC or a Mac? What Operating System are you using? On a Windows OS, version 7 or newer, there is a “Snipping Tool” that you can use to capture a portion of the screen. Open an image and zoom in or out until you reach the desired level of magnification. Then invoke the Snipping Tool, the screen will wash out, position the crosshairs where you want to start and hold down the left mouse button while dragging the mouse across the screen until you have “captured” the portion of the screen that you want to save. You will see a preview of the captured area which you can send to a printer, save as a .jpg, .gif or .png file, or you can paste the captured content into a Word document, too. This works for YouTube or other videos, too. I recommend full screen mode, just hit Pause, then as before use the Snipping Tool to capture the content.

To locate the Snipping Tool, open a search and start typing Snip…, it should appear at the top of the list. I recommend right-clicking on it and pinning it to the Start Menu or to the Taskbar, it just makes it easier to get to it there.

Joe Melhorn

Sahuarita, AZ

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

PC Windows 7...   Will check this out tonight...  That would be great if I can figure this trick out.  I am a hell of an old school model builder and master craftsman in many mediums,  but wow let me tell ya....The digital world including DCC and Computer programming has always been a complete mystery to me.    Thanks Joe

Another option I have used with windows that you might find handy is to take a screen shot by pressing the alt and print screen keys simultaneously, then open up a word doc and edit - paste (or control and v simultaneously). Then when you click on the picture once to highlight it, you will see little boxes on the corners you can click on to move, rotate or re-size it, as well as a ‘picture tools’ option that will appear above the Format header. When you pick that, you will have a cropping tool as well as a wide range of picture and color effects. You can also click on pics within an email and find cropping tools under ‘format’ like I did for this pic.

Bob

PC Windows 7...   Will check this out tonight...  That would be great if I can figure this trick out.  I am a hell of an old school model builder and master craftsman in many mediums,  but wow let me tell ya....The digital world including DCC and Computer programming has always been a complete mystery to me.    Thanks Joe

Edited

OK ok   I admit it is time to enter the 21st century.  I'll try the Docs trick to.. perhaps one of these will just happen for me....

Thanks Bob

Randy