Topics

RMC PDFs uploaded

Jeffrey L Witt

In the "files" section:

https://groups.io/g/GandD/files/RMC%20G&D%20Articles%201980-1981%20PDFs

This is the 1980/1981 RMC Series. Jim Findley's musings are priceless. Although these are available on gdlines.info, I added them here for your convenience.

Most of the photos are from the Slides/photos that can be seen on gdlines.org, and can be studied in detail there.

Jeff

Bill P

Thanks - this is awesome - thanks again.
All for now.
bcd9
∑:=)

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Thanks for posting, Jeff. The quality of your scans are great!

That's one of my favorite series … I re-read it every now and then. Findley is so entertaining, too. Right now, I've rounded the corner on building Hokel Compressed Gas from one of his articles.

BTW, MHR ran my article on Angels Camp in their Nov 2019 issue.

Make that MRH.

Thanks for the reminder, Tom...I hadn't read the issue yet.

Nice article! A great improvement to that area. You have quite a collection of the Micro-trains tribute cars...I just lost out on a Delta Lines boxcar...but of course I have the G&D car, both N and Z scale! Missing S, O, and G.

Too bad the NMRA doesn't still run the "Heritage" and "Living Legends" series cars.

Jeff

Neil Erickson

Jeff:

I have a few as well if you want them. Pm.

Neil

On Nov 14, 2019, at 9:59 AM, Jeffrey L Witt via Groups.Io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

Thanks for the reminder, Tom...I hadn't read the issue yet.

Nice article! A great improvement to that area. You have quite a collection of the Micro-trains tribute cars...I just lost out on a Delta Lines boxcar...but of course I have the G&D car, both N and Z scale! Missing S, O, and G.

Too bad the NMRA doesn't still run the "Heritage" and "Living Legends" series cars.

Thanks, Jeff.

I didn't weather the tribute cars, but replaced any of the plastic deep-flanged wheel sets with metal low-profile ones. Would have loved to have that new BLI USRA Mike with sound, but I just couldn't justify the cost when all I could do was run it back and forth.

I have that Delta Lines boxcar in HO scale and a few others. One of my rarest is Wescott's Sunset Railway & Navigation Co made by C&BT Shops. Not many photos of Linn's layout exist. Still in their boxes, but I'll get them out one of these days. To weather or not to weather … that is question.

somehow I never saw this, so thanks so much for sharing!