Topics

Register for the 2019 "Liberty Bell Special" Convention NMRA MER

Matt Hosford
 

All,
Just a heads up that tommorrow 10/3/19 is the last day to registar online.  After tommorrow you will have to registar at the door.  Here is a link...also $5 discount ends tommorrow.
Liberty Special October 10th-13th
For those who did not know.....
Jeff Witt is giving two different clinics on JA and the G and D.  I will be attending both:)
Look forward to meeting members of our group.  
--
Matt Hosford
Wurn & Whythyrd Lines

Jeffrey L Witt
 

Cool, Matt! Make sure to introduce yourself. See you there!

Victor Bitleris
 

I absolutely will be there and am anticipating this particular clinic.  John Allen has always astounded me, even before I knew who he was.  I am sure Jeff will have some good stuff.
Regards, Vic B.

Vic Bitleris Raleigh, NC


From: GandD@groups.io <GandD@groups.io> on behalf of Matt Hosford <8ballracing@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:45 AM
To: GandD@groups.io <GandD@groups.io>
Subject: [GandD] Register for the 2019 "Liberty Bell Special" Convention NMRA MER
 
All,
Just a heads up that tommorrow 10/3/19 is the last day to registar online.  After tommorrow you will have to registar at the door.  Here is a link...also $5 discount ends tommorrow.
Liberty Special October 10th-13th
For those who did not know.....
Jeff Witt is giving two different clinics on JA and the G and D.  I will be attending both:)
Look forward to meeting members of our group.  
--
Matt Hosford
Wurn & Whythyrd Lines

Victor Bitleris
 

OOOOPS!  did not know he was doing TWO!  Will do both.  Thanks for the heads up.
Regards, Vic B.

Vic Bitleris Raleigh, NC


From: GandD@groups.io <GandD@groups.io> on behalf of Matt Hosford <8ballracing@...>
Sent: Wednesday, October 2, 2019 8:45 AM
To: GandD@groups.io <GandD@groups.io>
Subject: [GandD] Register for the 2019 "Liberty Bell Special" Convention NMRA MER
 
All,
Just a heads up that tommorrow 10/3/19 is the last day to registar online.  After tommorrow you will have to registar at the door.  Here is a link...also $5 discount ends tommorrow.
Liberty Special October 10th-13th
For those who did not know.....
Jeff Witt is giving two different clinics on JA and the G and D.  I will be attending both:)
Look forward to meeting members of our group.  
--
Matt Hosford
Wurn & Whythyrd Lines

Jeffrey L Witt
 

Bookending the meet!!! Thursday and Sunday.

http://libertybellspecial.org/clinician-jeff-witt/

David Woodrell
 

Jeff,

Sounds like you are going to have a great couple of clinics.  If I lived anywhere near KIng of Prussia, PA ( I don't, but rather the Pacific Northwest) I would most certainly plan on attending both of your clinics.  Is there any chance of the sessions being videoed and uploaded to YouTube?  I'm sure we ALL would love to see your presentations.

Thanks, and "break a leg"!!

Dave

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

Now that it's almost 2020 and 5G growing, it would be nice if things like this were cast live using services like Adobe Connect or WebEx.

I realize that a small admission fee would need to be charged and there is extra setup and costs involved. It could certainly help the associations and clubs generate some extra funds, as well as get more folks involved in our wonder hobby. The recordings would be a great way to archive the event. Don't we wish we had all of John's clinics on video and access to the presented materials.

Good luck, Jeff! You'll do a great job and have a great time doing it!

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

Russell Courtenay
 

Yes, a live stream would be worth the price of an NMRA membership!

Russell Courtenay
Solemnity and profundity are sublime in inequity. 


On Oct 5, 2019, at 10:15 AM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

Now that it's almost 2020 and 5G growing, it would be nice if things like this were cast live using services like Adobe Connect or WebEx.

I realize that a small admission fee would need to be charged and there is extra setup and costs involved. It could certainly help the associations and clubs generate some extra funds, as well as get more folks involved in our wonder hobby. The recordings would be a great way to archive the event. Don't we wish we had all of John's clinics on video and access to the presented materials.

Good luck, Jeff! You'll do a great job and have a great time doing it!

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

It's a paradigm shift that's coming faster than you think.

"Do I really need to be there in person?" Think of the wasted time and expense. I'm not underestimating the importance of face-to-face contact.

"I put an instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time." - Steven Wright

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

Russell Courtenay
 

Ha ha, good. 
"I put an instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time." - Steven Wright

I, like most of us I think, would LOVE to be there, if there was SOME way I could attend, but I know that’s just not possible. I also believe that personal relationships are important, and difficult to maintain long distance. 

But streaming live with recordings available later is a good second best. For example: I really wanted to go to the 7 1/2” gauge train festival Train Mountain 2018 Triennial but things just didn’t work. 

Chris from TM set up a live feed of the Parade of Trains the last day and I sat in the living room and watched with the family (well, they watched 20 minutes, I stayed for the whole thing!) And Chris greeted each one of the watchers personally as they joined, which I thought was a nice touch. Will I go back and watch the hours long stream again? Probably not, but it was fun being there ‘almost live’ as they say! And yes, I still hope to go to the Triennial in 2021!

Russell Courtenay
Solemnity and profundity are sublime in inequity. 


On Oct 5, 2019, at 12:02 PM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

It's a paradigm shift that's coming faster than you think.

"Do I really need to be there in person?" Think of the wasted time and expense. I'm not underestimating the importance of face-to-face contact.

"I put an instant coffee in a microwave oven and almost went back in time." - Steven Wright

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

wbswarner
 

NMRA does offer live streaming plus a large archive of data, photos and video clinics.  
They do offer a one time nine-month trial membership for $20.
Warner



On Oct 5, 2019, at 9:30 AM, Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io <walruswebtech@...> wrote:

Yes, a live stream would be worth the price of an NMRA membership!

Russell Courtenay
Solemnity and profundity are sublime in inequity. 


On Oct 5, 2019, at 10:15 AM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

Now that it's almost 2020 and 5G growing, it would be nice if things like this were cast live using services like Adobe Connect or WebEx.

I realize that a small admission fee would need to be charged and there is extra setup and costs involved. It could certainly help the associations and clubs generate some extra funds, as well as get more folks involved in our wonder hobby. The recordings would be a great way to archive the event. Don't we wish we had all of John's clinics on video and access to the presented materials.

Good luck, Jeff! You'll do a great job and have a great time doing it!

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

Matt Hosford
 
Edited



All,
Some Pictures from the contest room at the 2019 NMRA MER Convention.....yours truly #31 takes home new modeler for my model based on one of Johns bridges...The Western Maryland hopper was 60" long!  

--
Matt Hosford
Wurn & Whythyrd Lines

James Babcock
 

Thanks for sharing
Jim

On Sunday, October 13, 2019, 10:41:34 PM GMT-4, Matt Hosford <8ballracing@...> wrote:


[Edited Message Follows]



All,
Some Pictures from the contest room at the 2019 NMRA MER Convention.....yours truly #31 takes home new modeler for my model based on one of Johns bridges...The Western Maryland hopper was 60" long!  

--
Matt Hosford
Wurn & Whythyrd Lines

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

Thanks for sharing, Matt … and congratulations on your great model!

All of the models are excellent.
--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR

Jeffrey L Witt
 

Hey Matt,

It was great to meet you and chat for a while! Somehow, I never made it to the contest room. My loss, looks like a beautiful bridge!

Best to you, let me know if you received my email and were able to view the clinics.

Cheers,

Jeff

Matt Hosford
 

Jeff,  
Thank you, and yes received and replied.  Look for it again as I do not know why it did not send.
Your clinic was very nice I can see that you spent a lot of time on it and it presents well to both new and older JA fans.  It also had Roger and I talking JA on the way home Thurs night!

I too enjoyed our conversation and look forward to meeting up in November.

Matt




Matt Hosford
Wurn & Whythyrd Lines