Topics

Rare G&D MDC Shay on ebay

Brian Hume

Was searching Ebay for shays and came across a Gorre and Daphetid Shay. I believe they are mfg #309 the cab is lettered #7. I already own one and they rarely come up for sale, so I won’t be bidding against anyone. Just thought I would give the group a heads up. Trucks are included but not in the picture attached.

Ken Moordigian

I like that little shay... please don't run up the price guys!

hehehee

Russell Courtenay

OK, I’ll do the think my dad’s friend with the huge O scale layout told us whenever we visited: ‘look but don’t touch’. I expect it will go for double to triple its current price....

My mechanic brother built one of those as a kid, took a lot of work to get it running right but it ran nicely.

Now I see the MDC Shay Handbook is selling for $100-200!!! Great info if you don’t have the magazine articles handy to make these things run well....

On Jul 1, 2020, at 8:20 PM, Ken Moordigian via groups.io <TheKenWiley@...> wrote:

I like that little shay... please don't run up the price guys!

hehehee

Thayer Syme

I have no interest in purchasing it, but would like to watch it as well. Can someone forward a link?

Thanks,

Thayer

On 7/1/20 10:20 PM, Ken Moordigian via groups.io wrote:
I like that little shay... please don't run up the price guys!

hehehee
_._,_._,_

Russell Courtenay

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133448387450

On Jul 2, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Thayer Syme <thayer@...> wrote:

I have no interest in purchasing it, but would like to watch it as well. Can someone forward a link?

Thanks,

Thayer

On 7/1/20 10:20 PM, Ken Moordigian via groups.io wrote:
I like that little shay... please don't run up the price guys!

hehehee

Charles Kinzer

Link to the G&D shay on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-SCALE-ROUNDHOUSE-DIE-CAST-SHAY/133448387450?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I have no interest in purchasing it, but would like to watch it as well. Can someone forward a link?

Thanks,

Thayer

On 7/1/20 10:20 PM, Ken Moordigian via groups.io wrote:

I like that little shay... please don't run up the price guys!

hehehee

_._,_._,_

Thayer Syme

Thanks Russell and Charles!

On 7/2/20 12:27 PM, Russell Courtenay via groups.io wrote:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/133448387450

On Jul 2, 2020, at 10:15 AM, Thayer Syme <thayer@...> wrote:

I have no interest in purchasing it, but would like to watch it as well. Can someone forward a link?

Thanks,

Thayer

Mark Cartwright

Thank you for this....I don't officially do HO Scale...
So I simply went to the eBay site and stole all the digital pictures...

I am pretty sure I can do one with an Atlas Shay.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFh75wK-gwo
Thanks again for the Heads Up...
:)) Mark

There is a derelict shay on the ACE Line between Stockton and San Jose, California.
I am just now getting my hands back from a ? not yet fully diagnosed...
But in a few days ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoV7D196cXk
YEs, I will be able to install LokSound once again.