Topics

Posted 3 photos from John Allens slides

Dave

I scanned and posted 3 of the slides I've had put into print. I'll
try and get a few others printed over the next month and I'll scan
and post those when I get to it, until then, enjoy these 3.

Dave Salamon
N Scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

okrasaghia

Thanks Dave, always interesting to see new photos of G&D.
Do you have any information what we are looking at?
The third shot is from Austin Street but the other two I don't
recognize. Is that Andrews?

Happy New Year, Okrasa

--- In GandD@..., "Dave <drs_rr@y...>" <drs_rr@y...>
wrote:
I scanned and posted 3 of the slides I've had put into print. I'll
try and get a few others printed over the next month and I'll scan
and post those when I get to it, until then, enjoy these 3.

Dave Salamon
N Scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

tom+hokel <thokel@frameworksoft.com> <thokel@...>

Okrasa,

The first shot is of the Daphetid station (on the right) that Jim
Findley built for the G&D. Model Railroader ran Jim's construction
article of the station in the Nov and Dec 1966 issues. The prototype
was located in Spreckles, CA in Central Valley.

If you search the MR magazine index on "Jim Findley," you'll find
several constuction articles by Jim, many of which we're for the G&D.
One of my favorites is the bi-level station, at Corsa and Cross
Junction. I sure wish that we had a construction article on the
Squawbottom station. (Keith Blanchard, could you supply any
dimensions and/to other pictures of it? It sounds like you have the
original structure, albeit slightly damaged.)

The second picture is fact at Andrews ... at the end of the spur. I
think this is one of the last areas that John added structures. The
slide set contains more pictures of Andrews.

Tom

--- In GandD@..., "okrasaghia <okrasaghia@y...>"