Topics

photos added

David

Hi All,

I added a couple of new photos to the Dry Gulch & Western album.  They show the new water feature on my version of French Gulch.  It isn't all finished but will be completed very soon.  The other photo is Hokel Manufacturing.  It is a Cambell kit.  The locomotive handling the switching is my PFM Pacific Coast Shay.  I re-motored it and put in a sound decoder and current keeper.  With the new motor it runs really well.

Tom, just what does your company manufacture?

David (Dry Gulch & Western)

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Nice photos, David.

We make wooden toys, especially trains, out of a variety of fine woods. We also offer kits for different age groups. Kits can be assembled without to use of glues, tape, nails or screws. Kits for older age groups contain a few metal parts. The parts for younger age groups are "swallow proof." Reading instructions, available in braille, and working with your hands is a great way to learn.

FYI, David's album is in the 5th set. Just sort by descending by "Posted."

David

Well, at least your company hasn't "gone plastic" otherwise I would have to plant a tall tree out in front of your factory. You know what that would be for!

David (Dry Gulch & Western)

On Monday, June 1, 2020, 06:29:28 PM PDT, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <pr-line@...> wrote:

Nice photos, David.

We make wooden toys, especially trains, out of a variety of fine woods. We also offer kits for different age groups. Kits can be assembled without to use of glues, tape, nails or screws. Kits for older age groups contain a few metal parts. The parts for younger age groups are "swallow proof." Reading instructions, available in braille, and working with your hands is a great way to learn.

FYI, David's album is in the 5th set. Just sort by descending by "Posted."

David,
Took me a while to find your album so here’s the direct link. Groups.io doesn’t make it easy by offering a ‘sort by date album is modified’ option.

https://groups.io/g/GandD/album?id=87353

Tom,
Your items sound interesting, can you post a link to your website?

On Jun 1, 2020, at 5:16 PM, David via groups.io <hi61izq@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I added a couple of new photos to the Dry Gulch & Western album.  They show the new water feature on my version of French Gulch.  It isn't all finished but will be completed very soon.  The other photo is Hokel Manufacturing.  It is a Cambell kit.  The locomotive handling the switching is my PFM Pacific Coast Shay.  I re-motored it and put in a sound decoder and current keeper.  With the new motor it runs really well.

Tom, just what does your company manufacture?

David (Dry Gulch & Western)

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Russell,

It's 1954 … what's a website? We got lots them webs in the garage and basement.

"Gotcha!"

I guess my reply to David was a little too plausible. No, I don't make wooden toys, but my first train set was a wooden one with grooves in the wooden track. Every time I set it up was like putting together a different puzzle with the same pieces. That was half the fun. Hard to believe they still make them. They are a lot of nice upscale wooden toys on the market though.

Great Stuff….!    I still stop to see the bridges for a while…..  Love the Cab Forward on the Fishbelly….

Randy