Topics

One GD mystery solved and two GD caboose quandaries


Murphy P
 

I found the type of car and road number, ROMA 6 dome tank GATX 992. Using a friend's professional grade graphics computer to sharpen the image and a hunting scope to view it close up. I will do this for more GD photos with cars in the background as time allows to find more road numbers and railroad names. Using this same method, I was able to read the other name of the business that shared the lower floor of Mim's Boarding House building in Andrews, which turned out to be "Andrews Blueprint and Supply" directly next to Linn's Archives building.


What type of caboose is GD caboose #7.


Please does anybody have an idea of this caboose number or type of caboose with the last caboose on this GD caboose track on the left end of the photo. Maybe PRR N-5 steel 2 window caboose?


GD caboose numbers I have been able to find to date:

GD bobber-caboose 1

GD rider caboose with baggage door 3

GD combine, rider caboose- 5, Southern Pacific Red Electric Lines, also known simply as the Red Electric ran until 1928 and then SP used some of these former interurbans as rider cabooses without a cupola on Northwest branch lines such as Tillamook.

GD caboose 7, custom or X2610 Southern Railway?

GD Lines-SHORTY caboose 8, page 133 of the book. Simpson logging caboose? Longest lived logging railroad with 120 years in the Northwest and they even had a working roundhouse until about 2015

GD caboose 12, ex ATSF, MR March 1966

GD caboose 14, ex GN wood

GD caboose 15, ex ATSF


 


Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>
 

Wow will I have some questions about signs and building names as I go along.   Nice work on this Murphy.    Andrew's Blueprint and supply.....     I'll be taking notes.   

Randy 



On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 6:43 PM Murphy P <murphy23p@...> wrote:

I found the type of car and road number, ROMA 6 dome tank GATX 992. Using a friend's professional grade graphics computer to sharpen the image and a hunting scope to view it close up. I will do this for more GD photos with cars in the background as time allows to find more road numbers and railroad names. Using this same method, I was able to read the other name of the business that shared the lower floor of Mim's Boarding House building in Andrews, which turned out to be "Andrews Blueprint and Supply" directly next to Linn's Archives building.


What type of caboose is GD caboose #7.


Please does anybody have an idea of this caboose number or type of caboose with the last caboose on this GD caboose track on the left end of the photo. Maybe PRR N-5 steel 2 window caboose?


GD caboose numbers I have been able to find to date:

GD bobber-caboose 1

GD rider caboose with baggage door 3

GD combine, rider caboose- 5, Southern Pacific Red Electric Lines, also known simply as the Red Electric ran until 1928 and then SP used some of these former interurbans as rider cabooses without a cupola on Northwest branch lines such as Tillamook.

GD caboose 7, custom or X2610 Southern Railway?

GD Lines-SHORTY caboose 8, page 133 of the book. Simpson logging caboose? Longest lived logging railroad with 120 years in the Northwest and they even had a working roundhouse until about 2015

GD caboose 12, ex ATSF, MR March 1966

GD caboose 14, ex GN wood

GD caboose 15, ex ATSF


 


Murphy P
 

Photo: My start for a map of Andrews, the French thank you boxcar for Oregon and GD mystery caboose on the left.

 

I got into model railroad briefly in the mid 1990's before career concerns caused me to take a break, but one of my favorite early memories was reading about the GD in magazines with my Dad and running on ALP through a friend who was also a fan of Northwest railroads in the Orange Coast Model Railroaders located in Garden Grove, who introduced me to Whit Towers I want to say around 1995. Whit acted the way I though John Allen would, friendly, sharing random historical facts that made you excited to be there, but had a calm authority that made you trust in what he told you about running on the Alturas and Lone Pine. As I recall being green on the layout, I was placed on the mainline cabs, between Sonora, and Auburn. The idea being a new guy would have a much harder time derailing a train on the layout's widest curves and best track.

 

I did a dumb thing and the first thing I asked Whit was why was there a European locomotive in a park on the GD, instead of asking him something about his layout. The idea came to John from two inspirations from what I can recall learning. With the first being John and his friend would take random weekend road trips to visit railroad areas, like in the GD slides John and Cliff visiting the then recently shut down Southern Pacific narrow gauge operations, that in a trip to Dunsmuir John found a WW1 German army field artillery piece was in a small park on the corner of a major road that overlooked the Southern Pacific roundhouse. As part of a victory tour, the US Army tasked the SP with putting together a West Coast tour train with captured German and Austrian equipment that was on the West Coast for testing. Anyway, since Dunsmuir created the train, they got keep something for their area and why a WW1 German army field artillery piece is in the middle of Dunsmuir, CA.

 

The other part of the inspiration is the Merci Train of 49 French railroad box cars filled with tens of thousands of gifts of gratitude from French citizens showing their appreciation for American's help with France. Most states got their own boxcar and most are now parks throughout North America.

 

Thus it was a combination of the Merci Train of 49 French railroad boxcars that became parks, like the Oregon one in North Bend and the Dunsmuir park with the WW1 German army field artillery piece, which gave John the idea of having a park for a European locomotive that could have been used in trench warfare. John also used this engine for his shocking micro-gauge model railroad photo too.

 

Trench railways represented military adaptation of early 20th century railway technology to the problem of keeping soldiers supplied during the static trench warfare phase of World War I. The large concentrations of soldiers and artillery at the front lines required delivery of enormous quantities of food, ammunition and fortification construction materials.

 

https://www.amusingplanet.com/2016/05/the-merci-train-49-boxcars-filled-with.html

 

 http://www.mercitrain.org/

 

Back to my question, please does anyone know the type of caboose or number of this GD caboose on the left of this photo?

 

Wishing everyone a great start to the weekend!


On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 4:14 PM Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...> wrote:
Wow will I have some questions about signs and building names as I go along.   Nice work on this Murphy.    Andrew's Blueprint and supply.....     I'll be taking notes.   

Randy 



On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 6:43 PM Murphy P <murphy23p@...> wrote:

I found the type of car and road number, ROMA 6 dome tank GATX 992. Using a friend's professional grade graphics computer to sharpen the image and a hunting scope to view it close up. I will do this for more GD photos with cars in the background as time allows to find more road numbers and railroad names. Using this same method, I was able to read the other name of the business that shared the lower floor of Mim's Boarding House building in Andrews, which turned out to be "Andrews Blueprint and Supply" directly next to Linn's Archives building.


What type of caboose is GD caboose #7.


Please does anybody have an idea of this caboose number or type of caboose with the last caboose on this GD caboose track on the left end of the photo. Maybe PRR N-5 steel 2 window caboose?


GD caboose numbers I have been able to find to date:

GD bobber-caboose 1

GD rider caboose with baggage door 3

GD combine, rider caboose- 5, Southern Pacific Red Electric Lines, also known simply as the Red Electric ran until 1928 and then SP used some of these former interurbans as rider cabooses without a cupola on Northwest branch lines such as Tillamook.

GD caboose 7, custom or X2610 Southern Railway?

GD Lines-SHORTY caboose 8, page 133 of the book. Simpson logging caboose? Longest lived logging railroad with 120 years in the Northwest and they even had a working roundhouse until about 2015

GD caboose 12, ex ATSF, MR March 1966

GD caboose 14, ex GN wood

GD caboose 15, ex ATSF


 


Rick Jones
 

On 8/16/2019 8:43 PM, Murphy P wrote:
Back to my question, please does anyone know the type of caboose or number of this GD caboose on the left of this photo?
It appears to be patterned after the shorty combine that ran on the Sierra Railroad. Here's a page of photos of the prototype and some models:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sierra+railroad+combine&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WD0TlgXBSfwGlM%253A%252CTH_QhAyaiygaSM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kStUzQou-crUlgtz0JzCf4FFPpFGQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwixhIuq9IjkAhUGi6wKHe7uB7UQ9QEwAXoECAkQCQ#imgrc=WD0TlgXBSfwGlM:

As the page of photos shows, it was imported in brass as well as having wood and metal craftsman kits made by both Laconia and Binkley. Whether John's is one of these kits or scratchbuilt I haven't any idea.

--

Rick Jones

If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?


Murphy P
 

Rick thank you for your link

Here is more of my work on the Andrews area

Wishing everyone a great Saturday

On Fri, Aug 16, 2019 at 8:05 PM Rick Jones <r.t.jones@...> wrote:
On 8/16/2019 8:43 PM, Murphy P wrote:
>
> Back to my question, please does anyone know the type of caboose or
> number of this GD caboose on the left of this photo?

    It appears to be patterned after the shorty combine that ran on the
Sierra Railroad. Here's a page of photos of the prototype and some models:

https://www.google.com/search?q=sierra+railroad+combine&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=WD0TlgXBSfwGlM%253A%252CTH_QhAyaiygaSM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kStUzQou-crUlgtz0JzCf4FFPpFGQ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwixhIuq9IjkAhUGi6wKHe7uB7UQ9QEwAXoECAkQCQ#imgrc=WD0TlgXBSfwGlM:

    As the page of photos shows, it was imported in brass as well as
having wood and metal craftsman kits made by both Laconia and Binkley.
Whether John's is one of these kits or scratchbuilt I haven't any idea.

--

                   Rick Jones

If a pig loses its voice, is it disgruntled?




Rick Jones
 

On 8/17/2019 2:22 AM, Murphy P wrote:
Here is more of my work on the Andrews area
I believe that sign on the freight house says "Packaging & Crating" rather than "Packaging & Creating".

--

Rick Jones

If the Theory of Evolution is correct, why do mothers still have
only two arms?


Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

Murphy,

I appreciate your research on these. Are you planning to build them?

I posted a photo of the prototype Roma Wine car in the Pine Ridge RR album. I've always loved it. The Perris CA Museum has a 6-domer. Wonder if they ever painted it. John's was a Thomas Industries. I have that kit and confirm that your #992 is correct. Long before eBay came along, I picked up sort of a basket case AHM plastic version. It was factory-painted yellow and lettered for Shell. At the time, I purchased some Walthers Roma decals. I image that these would be very hard to find now. I finally built the AHM in 2013 and replaced the frame and the bottom portion of the tank with an Athearn 40' tank . It was pretty much a perfect fit. I posted a photo of it, too. I think you can find that on eBay.

The Shorty two-truck caboose was made by Keystone Locomotive Works HO-106. I have their Grasse River caboose, but haven't built it, yet,

Those AT&SF 34' steel cabooses are Athearns. I built #12 for my PR Line. I also built the 24' wooden GN #14 caboose from a Silver Streak Models 929-113 kit. I also have the Silver Streak Models 34' Combination Caboose 792-343, but haven't built it.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>
 

All this information in this thread needs to be saved.  I try and copy posts and keep them in an email file for reference but it is impossible to do it well.  There was a man from the Lockheed Model Railroad club and he ws going to INDEX this entire site...     He also BTW told me John had actually came right out and told him he was going to build a similar bridge on both sides of Scalp Mountain.    It is in the archives...        I am going to try and get ahold of this man... 

In the meantime is there not a G&D car roster some of this can be transcribed to....   There is some wonderful things we all find from time to time.  Tom your research has taken the G&D info to new levels....and now Murphy and his methods and determination more new stuff will continue to come...   We need to find a way to get it where it is useful and not lost in the endless pile of posts.     Any suggestions?   

Randy  


Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

Murphy,

That is an amazing story! Aren't you glad that you asked Whit about that European loco? I never put two and two together that that was the same loco as the one in the 1/400th photo! You have a great memory of the story, too. I can barely remember what I did yesterday.

Are you going build the Andrews scene? BTW, that ALP structure has just one roof … it's more of just a corrugated shed.

When I lived in Redondo Beach, CA, I just missed meeting Whit at the South Bay Model RR & Supply Co hobby shop. I glanced at him as he was checking out. After he left, I asked the clerk, "Was that Whit Towers?" "Yup." … Damn, I wasn't quick enough!

If you were ever in that hobby shop in1988-89, you may have seen my version of GD #12 0-6-0 on display. It was stolen after Bill Weaver sold the business. My models were moved to an unlocked display case. My light Mikado Cary boiler on Mantua frame with MDC Vanderbilt tender loco was stolen at the same time. They both ran great. It was a tough lesson to learn. Because I had taken photos and had property insurance, State Farm paid my insurance claim, which covered my material costs and a tiny bit of labor. What made me mad was that the new owner knew who stolen them … the guy also stole a very expensive LGB G gauge Shay … but, he wouldn't press charges fearing retaliation. Sorry to digress. 

What ever happened to Whit's layout? I heard that it had been donated to the NMRA. I know that Whit left his home to So Cal Univ.

Thanks for the story!
--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Murphy P
 

Gentlemen thank you for your thoughts as I feel critical reflection is one of the best ways to learn about history as helps you understands things dynamically.


Randy I have gone through most of the rolling stock in the slides and magazines, I have a list of over a hundred that I can confirm thus far for our group. I still need to view around 80 slides in detail as time allows me. Like a photo with of a green ATSF express boxcar near French Gulch that I think is 4166? Anyway I hope to have the list finished around Christmas time as I like to be precise. Any number I can't clearly see, will have a question mark after it to be fair with everyone.


Rick thank you for your help and I changed the map of the Andrews Station signs to reflect your spelling as you are correct. Please save v2, for an updated version.


Tom Thank you for bringing history to life with your layout to honor the GD and the information on GD rolling stock. I truly enjoyed it and great to learn what kits to purchase.


I will try to find a Thomas industry's Roma Wine car and build it as my first GD project. Tom thank you again for confirming the number of 992. Tom the fidelity to scale and detail you put into the tank car was great.


Yes Tom I hope to start with Andrews, then build the mountain area, so I can watch trains run and then go into doing the urban areas.


I travel for work, so research is about all I can do on a layout most of the time.


What I would really love to do as I can super detail in brass, is take 3 of the burned/destroyed engines from the Satchel' and do a top to bottom restoration with about 100 hours or more for each of the three locomotives.


Now back to the unsolved mystery, does anyone know information about the caboose I have circled in red? This steel caboose looks to be an eastern railroad type of caboose like a B&O or PRR N-5 steel 2 window caboose maybe?


I was private messaged by one of the community and was told it was #11 for this mystery GD caboose and it was made by LBM Models. What are thoughts on #11 or LBM Models?


Thanks again everyone for making this active community to share GD thoughts!

 



On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 9:50 AM Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:
Murphy,

That is an amazing story! Aren't you glad that you asked Whit about that European loco? I never put two and two together that that was the same loco as the one in the 1/400th photo! You have a great memory of the story, too. I can barely remember what I did yesterday.

Are you going build the Andrews scene? BTW, that ALP structure has just one roof … it's more of just a corrugated shed.

When I lived in Redondo Beach, CA, I just missed meeting Whit at the South Bay Model RR & Supply Co hobby shop. I glanced at him as he was checking out. After he left, I asked the clerk, "Was that Whit Towers?" "Yup." … Damn, I wasn't quick enough!

If you were ever in that hobby shop in1988-89, you may have seen my version of GD #12 0-6-0 on display. It was stolen after Bill Weaver sold the business. My models were moved to an unlocked display case. My light Mikado Cary boiler on Mantua frame with MDC Vanderbilt tender loco was stolen at the same time. They both ran great. It was a tough lesson to learn. Because I had taken photos and had property insurance, State Farm paid my insurance claim, which covered my material costs and a tiny bit of labor. What made me mad was that the new owner knew who stolen them … the guy also stole a very expensive LGB G gauge Shay … but, he wouldn't press charges fearing retaliation. Sorry to digress. 

What ever happened to Whit's layout? I heard that it had been donated to the NMRA. I know that Whit left his home to So Cal Univ.

Thanks for the story!
--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

It sure looks like an MDC Roundhouse version of the PRR N-5 to me. You can see a glimpse of the left half in Gary Wernick's DG030 photo.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Andrew Novak
 

Whit's layout was dismantled. My dad bought several buildings that came off the A&LP at an estate sale held by the Glendale Model Railroad club many years ago. 

Andrew Novak


On Saturday, August 17, 2019, 09:50:16 AM PDT, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:


Murphy,

That is an amazing story! Aren't you glad that you asked Whit about that European loco? I never put two and two together that that was the same loco as the one in the 1/400th photo! You have a great memory of the story, too. I can barely remember what I did yesterday.

Are you going build the Andrews scene? BTW, that ALP structure has just one roof … it's more of just a corrugated shed.

When I lived in Redondo Beach, CA, I just missed meeting Whit at the South Bay Model RR & Supply Co hobby shop. I glanced at him as he was checking out. After he left, I asked the clerk, "Was that Whit Towers?" "Yup." … Damn, I wasn't quick enough!

If you were ever in that hobby shop in1988-89, you may have seen my version of GD #12 0-6-0 on display. It was stolen after Bill Weaver sold the business. My models were moved to an unlocked display case. My light Mikado Cary boiler on Mantua frame with MDC Vanderbilt tender loco was stolen at the same time. They both ran great. It was a tough lesson to learn. Because I had taken photos and had property insurance, State Farm paid my insurance claim, which covered my material costs and a tiny bit of labor. What made me mad was that the new owner knew who stolen them … the guy also stole a very expensive LGB G gauge Shay … but, he wouldn't press charges fearing retaliation. Sorry to digress. 

What ever happened to Whit's layout? I heard that it had been donated to the NMRA. I know that Whit left his home to So Cal Univ.

Thanks for the story!
--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Tom Bell
 

I'd agree it looks much more like the Roundhouse model than the LMB one which has the correct roof profile  see attached from https://www.ebay.com/itm/HO-Scale-Brass-LBM-Models-Pennsylvania-N-5-Caboose-Custom-Painted-477618/153542816862


On Sat, 17 Aug 2019 at 19:07, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:
It sure looks like an MDC Roundhouse version of the PRR N-5 to me. You can see a glimpse of the left half in Gary Wernick's DG030 photo.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR




Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

Do you know if any sections of track or scenery were salvaged? Would be nice to see some photos of anything.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

The "give way" on plastic models is their cast-on hand rails and ladders … and a blending of prototype features. It's easy to find MDC/Roundhouse photos.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Drew M.
 

Could the caboose in question be a Roundhouse/MDC four window caboose?

Drew in Philly

Modeling the pre-Depression years.

Sent from TypeApp

On Aug 17, 2019, at 13:07, Murphy P <murphy23p@...> wrote:

Gentlemen thank you for your thoughts as I feel critical reflection is one of the best ways to learn about history as helps you understands things dynamically.


Randy I have gone through most of the rolling stock in the slides and magazines, I have a list of over a hundred that I can confirm thus far for our group. I still need to view around 80 slides in detail as time allows me. Like a photo with of a green ATSF express boxcar near French Gulch that I think is 4166? Anyway I hope to have the list finished around Christmas time as I like to be precise. Any number I can't clearly see, will have a question mark after it to be fair with everyone.


Rick thank you for your help and I changed the map of the Andrews Station signs to reflect your spelling as you are correct. Please save v2, for an updated version.


Tom Thank you for bringing history to life with your layout to honor the GD and the information on GD rolling stock. I truly enjoyed it and great to learn what kits to purchase.


I will try to find a Thomas industry's Roma Wine car and build it as my first GD project. Tom thank you again for confirming the number of 992. Tom the fidelity to scale and detail you put into the tank car was great.


Yes Tom I hope to start with Andrews, then build the mountain area, so I can watch trains run and then go into doing the urban areas.


I travel for work, so research is about all I can do on a layout most of the time.


What I would really love to do as I can super detail in brass, is take 3 of the burned/destroyed engines from the Satchel' and do a top to bottom restoration with about 100 hours or more for each of the three locomotives.


Now back to the unsolved mystery, does anyone know information about the caboose I have circled in red? This steel caboose looks to be an eastern railroad type of caboose like a B&O or PRR N-5 steel 2 window caboose maybe?


I was private messaged by one of the community and was told it was #11 for this mystery GD caboose and it was made by LBM Models. What are thoughts on #11 or LBM Models?


Thanks again everyone for making this active community to share GD thoughts!

 



On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 9:50 AM Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) < PR-Line@...> wrote:
Murphy,

That is an amazing story! Aren't you glad that you asked Whit about that European loco? I never put two and two together that that was the same loco as the one in the 1/400th photo! You have a great memory of the story, too. I can barely remember what I did yesterday.

Are you going build the Andrews scene? BTW, that ALP structure has just one roof … it's more of just a corrugated shed.

When I lived in Redondo Beach, CA, I just missed meeting Whit at the South Bay Model RR & Supply Co hobby shop. I glanced at him as he was checking out. After he left, I asked the clerk, "Was that Whit Towers?" "Yup." … Damn, I wasn't quick enough!

If you were ever in that hobby shop in1988-89, you may have seen my version of GD #12 0-6-0 on display. It was stolen after Bill Weaver sold the business. My models were moved to an unlocked display case. My light Mikado Cary boiler on Mantua frame with MDC Vanderbilt tender loco was stolen at the same time. They both ran great. It was a tough lesson to learn. Because I had taken photos and had property insurance, State Farm paid my insurance claim, which covered my material costs and a tiny bit of labor. What made me mad was that the new owner knew who stolen them … the guy also stole a very expensive LGB G gauge Shay … but, he wouldn't press charges fearing retaliation. Sorry to digress. 

What ever happened to Whit's layout? I heard that it had been donated to the NMRA. I know that Whit left his home to So Cal Univ.

Thanks for the story!
--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)
 

For inventory lists, we have the "Databases" section that includes DG&H Locos, G&D Freight Cars, G&D Locos and Passenger coaches. These can be set to have them updated by anyone. We need to keep Heritage/Legend cars and locos, e.g., offerings by NMRA and Roundhouse, off these lists; so that they represent what was actually on the GD Line.

For documents, we can use the Files section. I'm not sure how collaboration on a single document would work.

The problem with emails threads, as we know, is that they are a "stream of consciousness."

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Andrew Novak
 

If you are speaking of the A&LP I don't think so. They sold off buildings and rolling stock. 

Andrew Novak


On Saturday, August 17, 2019, 11:37:15 AM PDT, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:


Do you know if any sections of track or scenery were salvaged? Would be nice to see some photos of anything.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR


Rick Jones
 

On 8/17/2019 11:00 AM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) wrote:
I posted a photo of the prototype Roma Wine car in the Pine Ridge RR album. I've always loved it. The Perris CA Museum has a 6-domer. Wonder if they ever painted it. John's was a Thomas Industries. I have that kit and confirm that your #992 is correct. Long before eBay came along, I picked up sort of a basket case AHM plastic version. It was factory-painted yellow and lettered for Shell. At the time, I purchased some Walthers Roma decals. I image that these would be very hard to find now. I finally built the AHM in 2013 and replaced the frame and the bottom portion of the tank with an Athearn 40' tank . It was pretty much a perfect fit. I posted a photo of it, too. I think you can find that on eBay.
I have a brass version of the Roma tank car imported by iron Horse Models. Although the box label says it's #992, the model is actually painted for #944.

--

Rick Jones

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."


Murphy P
 

Sorry, I am a newb to all things online, like I dont own a kindle or E-reader thing and like to read physical books, that said can someone please give me the direct links to the the numbers of the GD listings for rolling stock, locomotive, passenger and re-pop stuff made by Roundhouse-other makers that would also include ALP models made commercially.

I signed up for the group a few years ago, but just started posting now as I am a computer novice.

If someone can provide me the links, I will make an updated master list in Excel, that can be loaded anyplace people want.

Back to the GD mystery caboose, so I think from what the variety of posts, the trend is reflecting that it is a PRR N-5, but because of the grab irons, a Roundhouse/MDC, not a LBM Model?

Here are some ALP photos I have collected of true equipment. Does the cafe observation look to be lettered 99?

40' Harriman Class  Railway Post Office, BUILT 1911? 76' Standard Coach Chair, 76' Standard Coach Chair and 80' café observation car. Cars were imported by Ed Suydam and were bare brass shells. no underbody details, no trucks, no interior, no glazing, so Whit had to put a lot of effort into making them look this good.

Does anyone know of a person who has ALP photos?




On Sat, Aug 17, 2019 at 12:05 PM Andrew Novak via Groups.Io <rtd1121=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
If you are speaking of the A&LP I don't think so. They sold off buildings and rolling stock. 

Andrew Novak


On Saturday, August 17, 2019, 11:37:15 AM PDT, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:


Do you know if any sections of track or scenery were salvaged? Would be nice to see some photos of anything.

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR