Topics

New Photos Posted from 1953 Varney Catalog

Jeffrey L Witt

Hi All,

I have posted all the John Allen photos from the 1953
Varney "Miniature Edition" Catalog.

These are mostly from the second layout, with a couple of "temporary
diorama" shots. There are a couple of good shots of the famous Icing
Platform.

These are compressed at "60" level; if anyone wants an uncompressed
version of any shot, let me know and I will make it available to you.

On another note, hopefully Greg Komar will be sending out the dry
transfers soon; if anyone who hasn't ordered wants some, e-mail Greg
for availability and get your order in!! (see a post 102 for contact
info).

Regards,

Jeff

okrasaghia

Very interesting Jeff!

Strange coincidence is I uploaded a model of the Icing Platform for
MSTS march the 7th!
Had to guess some parts and I can see some things I got wrong but
its okay overall and I will leave it as is. Picture available in the
MSTS sections for anyone who wants to have a look and model
available at train-sim.com as usual.

/Okrasa

--- In GandD@y..., "jlwitt" <jlwitt@y...> wrote:
[...]

Eugen Takacs

Hi Jeff,

can you please tell me where can I see those photos. I
am new in the group and somehow I need your help for
orientation.

Thank you very much.

Eugen

--- jlwitt <@jlwitt> wrote:
[...]

=====

With best regards

Eugen

Yahoo! Movies - coverage of the 74th Academy Awards
http://movies.yahoo.com/

Jeffrey L Witt

Hi Eugen (Eugene?),

Select the "Photos" item from the menu on the left.

Then you should see either a group of "folders" or a list (you can
change your "view" to your preference by clicking on "Thumbnail"
or "list" on the right side of the top of the table).

Click on one of the folders/names (albums) to see a list or
thumbnails.

Click on an individual thumbnail/name to view a "large" version of
the picture.

Then, if there is a "full size" selection, click that link to see the
full resolution version (these are not available for all pictures).
Once it has loaded completely, you can save it to your disk by right-
clicking on the picture and choosing "Save Picture As..."

There are several folders that I provided:

- 1953 Varney Catalog
- 4-4-0 Photos (provided for a member who was modelling it)
- NMRA Bulletin (an article and cartoon)
- Komar Dry Transfers (see message #102 for ordering details)
- Jeff's Pix (some pictures of my modelling)

I also have the three articles on construction of the famous engine
house scanned and saved in my "Yahoo briefcase" (from RMC 1948). See
message #79 for info on getting these if you want them.

Hope this helps!!!

Welcome to the group,

Jeff Witt

Eugen Takacs

Hi Jeff,

I am probably somewhere wrong (YAHOO e-mail page), I
get your mail in the yahoo, where I cannot find
anything left.

Please send me the html address (or something similar)
to locate your pages. I found the G+D drawings but not
the Varney catalog.

Thank you very much for your help.

Eugen (is the correct spelling, it is the European
version of Eugene)