Topics

More Yahoo Shenanigans

Jeffrey L Witt

Hi all,

I just noticed that we no longer have the option of getting a "full
size" picture from the ones posted (unless you are ordering a print,
at $3.99 a pop for 8 x 10s). Thus, most of the articles and pictures
that I uploaded (Engine house series, etc.) are useless since they
can only be downloaded at "screen size".

It looks like the only way to keep full size pictures available is to
put them in the "files" section, with no thumbnails, etc.

When did this happen? The stuff is still there, using up our quota,
but cannot be accessed by members!?!?!

I realize this is a free service, but this seems to be going a little
too far.

Oh well, what can we do?

Jeff

Pat Turner

Yes, I also noticed this a while back. Looks like we need to keep this
in mind when uploading new pictures that are over 460 x 360 or so in size.
Anything larger than this that you want people to see full size needs to be
in the files section.

Pat Turner: Pat@...
NMRA/SER V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org

| Hi all,
|
| I just noticed that we no longer have the option of getting a "full
| size" picture from the ones posted (unless you are ordering a print,
| at $3.99 a pop for 8 x 10s). Thus, most of the articles and pictures
| that I uploaded (Engine house series, etc.) are useless since they
| can only be downloaded at "screen size".
|
| It looks like the only way to keep full size pictures available is to
| put them in the "files" section, with no thumbnails, etc.
|
| When did this happen? The stuff is still there, using up our quota,
| but cannot be accessed by members!?!?!
|
| I realize this is a free service, but this seems to be going a little
| too far.
|
| Oh well, what can we do?
|
| Jeff

Peter T. Prunka <trains@...>

As an alternative, I run my own webserver and would be MORE than happy
to host such pictures, full size, without charge for access by all.

I already do it for two other groups. Just let me know.

Peter T. Prunka
http://nscale.iscool.net
http://trains.arefun.net

Both of which lead to:
http://www.prunka.com/basement

Yes, I also noticed this a while back. Looks like we need to keep
this in mind when uploading new pictures that are over 460 x 360 or so
in size. Anything larger than this that you want people to see full size
needs to be in the files section.

Pat Turner: Pat@...
NMRA/SER V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org

| Hi all,
|
| I just noticed that we no longer have the option of getting a "full
| size" picture from the ones posted (unless you are ordering a print,
| at $3.99 a pop for 8 x 10s). Thus, most of the articles and pictures
| that I uploaded (Engine house series, etc.) are useless since they can

| only be downloaded at "screen size".
|
| It looks like the only way to keep full size pictures available is to
| put them in the "files" section, with no thumbnails, etc.
|
| When did this happen? The stuff is still there, using up our quota,
| but cannot be accessed by members!?!?!
|
| I realize this is a free service, but this seems to be going a little
| too far.
|
| Oh well, what can we do?
|
| Jeff

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Pat Turner

That would be cool and great. How can we set this up?

Pat Turner: Pat@...
NMRA/SER V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org

| As an alternative, I run my own webserver and would be MORE than happy
| to host such pictures, full size, without charge for access by all.
|
| I already do it for two other groups. Just let me know.
|
| Peter T. Prunka
| http://nscale.iscool.net
| http://trains.arefun.net
|
| Both of which lead to:
| http://www.prunka.com/basement

Peter T. Prunka <trains@...>

Pat:

Drop me a private note; we'll work it out and then announce it. I lean
towards having people e-mail the jpg files to me and I'll upload them.

Peter

That would be cool and great. How can we set this up?

Pat Turner: Pat@...
NMRA/SER V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org

| As an alternative, I run my own webserver and would be MORE than happy

| to host such pictures, full size, without charge for access by all.
|
| I already do it for two other groups. Just let me know.
|
| Peter T. Prunka
| http://nscale.iscool.net
| http://trains.arefun.net
|
| Both of which lead to:
| http://www.prunka.com/basement

Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Peter T. Prunka <trains@...>

Pat:

Looks like I'll be on the road until Friday...<sigh>

I would set up your account remotely, if only I could remember my FTP
password...

Peter