Topics

Modeling the CSP in Dec. 77 RMC, lots of O scale

Russell - Idaho USA <cottonwoodhobbies@...>

Modeling the CSP in Dec. 77 RMC, lots of O scale

I picked up a stack of seven 1977 Railroad Model Craftsman mags on ebay for $3.99 because of an article in the November issue about converting the AHM O scale 0-8-0 I recently bought to a 2-8-0,2-8-4 and 0-6-0 (much more useful wheel arrangements for Idaho modelling)

I also got the December issue with an eight page article 'Modeling the Camas Prairie's Grangeville Line'. What a great find! I haven't read it all the way through yet, but will definately keep this one.

My favorite quote is the blurb in the Table Of Contents about the CSP: "It looks for all the world like a dieselized version of the Gorre & Dephetid".

Couldn't have said it better myself!

All in all I found about 20 good articles in these seven issues, good enough average for me to subscribe if they covered O scale today like they did back then. Of course then the AHM 0-8-0 was only $11.98 and an O scale trainset was $16.98!

And in '79 I started working in the kitchen at high school at $2.15 per hour so everything is relative I guess....

Russell - Idaho USA
http://www.narrowgaugenews.net

---

MacMail - the Webmail service especially for Mac users worldwide
http://www.macmail.com

Dan Swearingen

Hi Russell,

I have three of those 0-8-0 kits in boxes (four if you count the
"loved-to-death" one I built when I was ten). Incredible timing that you
write because I've been penciling out how they would look as 0-6-0's: darn
cute brutes. Remind me of those heavy 0-8-0 and 0-6-0s they used to use to
haul copper ore out of open pit mines. I've also been thinking of a 2-8-8-0.
I do some On30 and having one of these "monsters" in the background would
really set off the small size of the On30 equipment.

Dan Swearingen
Tiburon, Ca.

Modeling the CSP in Dec. 77 RMC, lots of O scale

I picked up a stack of seven 1977 Railroad Model Craftsman mags on ebay
for $3.99 because of an article in the November issue about converting the
AHM O scale 0-8-0 I recently bought to a 2-8-0,2-8-4 and 0-6-0 (much more
useful wheel arrangements for Idaho modelling)
[Dan Swearingen] .
.
.
.
.

[Dan Swearingen]
Russell - Idaho USA
http://www.narrowgaugenews.net

Pat Turner

I have a couple of these and the article also. I even have one
motorizing kit!

Pat Turner
NMRA/SER V.P.
www.On30.org