From: tommyschwnn <tommyschwnn@...>
To: GandD@...
Sent: Sunday, January 12, 2003 5:03 PM
Subject: [GandD] John Allen Video

I'm sure this is old news to all you old members, but it may be new-
news to other newbies like me. I went to our monthly Great American
Train Show here in Wheaton, IL today and purchased a John Allen
video. It was produced by Sunday River Productions, P. O. Box 565,
Concord, MA 01743. I've thumbed my JA book by Linn Westcott to the
point where the pages have all fallen out... and it was eye opening
to see all the rolling stock in action. I've already watched it
twice this afternoon. Apparently it's the only film ever shot of his
layouts. Tom Bartholomew

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Tommy Schwnn

The video is also advertised in a flyer called Historic Rail. It is item #RV8716C Phone 800-261-5922 or go to historicrail.com Their price is 35.95 and I paid $32 at the train show. Tom B.

I have owned this video for a while now. I believe it was released some 7 years or so ago. There was not much advertising for it in the magazines and I have not seen it again since.

All the recent discussion in the group prompted me to dig it up and I watched it again this weekend prior to this post.

The video claims to be the only "motion pictures" made of the G & D.

It is a great video if you can find it (36 min. in length).

Jaime
I'm sure this is old news to all you old members, but it may be new-
news to other newbies like me. I went to our monthly Great American
Train Show here in Wheaton, IL today and purchased a John Allen
video. It was produced by Sunday River Productions, P. O. Box 565,
Concord, MA 01743. I've thumbed my JA book by Linn Westcott to the
point where the pages have all fallen out... and it was eye opening
to see all the rolling stock in action. I've already watched it
twice this afternoon. Apparently it's the only film ever shot of his
layouts. Tom Bartholomew

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

James Powell <james.powell@...>

They are still in business, as I recently saw an ad I believe.

James
www.trevinocircle.com

Have the copy rights expired yet, or is the company that produced it still
in business? It might be worth considering a group of this list going
together and having copies made for all those interested if either (or both)
of the above questions make copying a possibility.
Stan Seeds

Stan Seeds <atsfstan3@...>

[...]

There was a card that came in the sleeve saying it was produced by It was produced by Sunday River Productions, P. O. Box 565, Concord, MA 01743. It was also offered in that mailer I received recently, so I would presume it is the production company's property and can't be copied legally.

Pat Turner

As far as I know Sunday River is still in Business. The web site is:
http://www.sundayriverproductions.com/ But it is not working right now.
Here is the page for the G&D video when it is back working again.
http://www.sundayriverproductions.com/model/G_D.html

You can get their videos at many places.

Pat Turner: Pat@...
NMRA/SER V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org

richard.bendever@...

The following site was found via a Yahoo! search:

<http://srd.yahoo.com/S=2766679:WS1/R=1/K=Sunday+River+Productions+john+alle
n/H=0/T=1042486392/F=5f8f90c9e44e5ec89646513699fc8338/*http://www.sundayrive
rproductions.com/model/sG_D.html> Sunday River Productions - Model Trains.
John Allen's Gorre & Daphetid. ...
http://www.sundayriverproductions.com/model/sG_D.html
<http://srd.yahoo.com/S=2766679:WS3/R=1/K=Sunday+River+Productions+john+alle
n/*http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Sunday+River+Productions+john+allen&hq=s
ite:www.sundayriverproductions.com> search within this site

Unfortunately,
The host specified in your URL could not be found.

I'm sure this is old news to all you old members, but it may be new-
news to other newbies like me. I went to our monthly Great American
Train Show here in Wheaton, IL today and purchased a John Allen
video. It was produced by Sunday River Productions, P. O. Box 565,
Concord, MA 01743. I've thumbed my JA book by Linn Westcott to the
point where the pages have all fallen out... and it was eye opening
to see all the rolling stock in action. I've already watched it
twice this afternoon. Apparently it's the only film ever shot of his
layouts. Tom Bartholomew

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=219695.2850578.4203976.1925585/D=egroupweb/S=17050635
76:HM/*http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/N879.ameritrade.yahoo/B1054521.25;sz=3
00x250;adc=cjx;ord=1042436003943504?>

<http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=219695.2850578.4203976.1925585/D=egroupmai
l/S=:HM/A=1400475/rand=739350733>

<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .

k secrest <boxcab_e50@...>

I found it listed at Ron's Books. Their item #402140
price stated $35.00.

https://www.ronsbooks.com/store/c283.html

Am not affiliated. Just looking to see if I could find
the video........

Ken

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Frank

Thank You Ken, just ordered one.

Frank,
--- k secrest <boxcab_e50@...> wrote:
I found it listed at Ron's Books. Their item #402140
price stated $35.00.

https://www.ronsbooks.com/store/c283.html

Am not affiliated. Just looking to see if I could
find
the video........

Ken

Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up
now.
http://mailplus.yahoo.com

=====

http://taxes.yahoo.com/

Frank

Pat, I do not think Sunday River is still around, site
is gone and the links are a search engine.

Frank,