Topics

John Allen Memorial Breakfast

Gregg Tivnan

From the John Allen Memorial Breakfast last week.

Gregg

Ozarks

................................................................................................................
Definition of revolution: "a brief respite between misgovernments."
Ambrose Pierce

Charles Kinzer

Edited

That’s looks very nice.  But to steal a line from “Two and a Half Men”, I suspect it is now the city’s problem.

Charles E. “Chuck” Kinzer

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:28 AM
To: GandD
Subject: [GandD] John Allen Memorial Breakfast

From the John Allen Memorial Breakfast last week.

Gregg

Ozarks

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

Now that's funny Chuck....!   
  With the hint of a slanted similarity....;   I ran an engine on the Cooper Electric for John last week and filmed it.  A fitting tribute I thought.   Today the electric line and West Divide contracted with me to put in cobblestone streets.   Well they are in now and they look incredible but some cracks need to be filled and ohhh my god those rails are hard to clean and get just right after you cover them permanently like that.  but the vacuum is out and I am scrapping and picking the inside edge of the rails with a small Xacto blade and using a super fine brass bristle brush to get the trains working as well as they did before.   
    So my problems are the cities problems to ....although not quite in the same way.   

Randy   

Rick Jones

On 7/10/2019 12:03 PM, Randy Lee Decker wrote:
Now that's funny Chuck....!
?? With the hint of a slanted similarity....;?? ??I ran an engine on the Cooper Electric for John last week and filmed it.?? A fitting tribute I thought.?? ??Today the electric line and West Divide contracted with me to put in cobblestone streets.?? ??Well they are in now and they look incredible but some cracks need to be filled and ohhh my god those rails are hard to clean and get just right after you cover them permanently like that.?? but the vacuum is out and I am scrapping and picking the inside edge of the rails with a small Xacto blade and using a super fine brass bristle brush to get the trains working as well as they did before.
Did you do anything to simulate girder rail in the street, and if so how?

--

Rick Jones

To impress a woman a man has to wine, dine, court and romance
her. To impress a man all a woman has to do is show up naked at
his doorstep with a case of beer.

Nope.  Looks pretty good nonetheless. 

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 3:52 PM Rick Jones <r.t.jones@...> wrote:
On 7/10/2019 12:03 PM, Randy Lee Decker wrote:
> Now that's funny Chuck....!
>  ?? With the hint of a slanted similarity....;?? ??I ran an engine on the
> Cooper Electric for John last week and filmed it.?? A fitting tribute I
> thought.?? ??Today the electric line and West Divide contracted with me to
> put in cobblestone streets.?? ??Well they are in now and they look
> incredible but some cracks need to be filled and ohhh my god those rails
> are hard to clean and get just right after you cover them permanently
> like that.?? but the vacuum is out and I am scrapping and picking the
> inside edge of the rails with a small Xacto blade and using a super fine
> brass bristle brush to get the trains working as well as they did before.

Did you do anything to simulate girder rail in the street, and if so
how?

--

Rick Jones

To impress a woman a man has to wine, dine, court and romance
her. To impress a man all a woman has to do is show up naked at
his doorstep with a case of beer.

Here's a nice shot from John's layout.  Shows some of his street covering work.   I wonder who "Chet" was....   and I never noticed before but you can see right through the CV buildings front door through to the door out back and see the purina building behind.   http://www.gdlines.org/GDLines/GD_Galleries/The_Slides/Set_02/slides/s2_016_cvmw_jul68-orig.html

Charles Kinzer

Maybe it is “Chef’s Meat Pies”, and not “Chet”.  I’ll bet it was cut of a magazine ad or something.

Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:13 PM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] John Allen Memorial Breakfast

Here's a nice shot from John's layout.  Shows some of his street covering work.   I wonder who "Chet" was....   and I never noticed before but you can see right through the CV buildings front door through to the door out back and see the purina building behind.   http://www.gdlines.org/GDLines/GD_Galleries/The_Slides/Set_02/slides/s2_016_cvmw_jul68-orig.html

_._,_._,_

Bob Friddle

Looks like Chet to me, probably an insider swipe at Mr. Towers

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Charles Kinzer via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:25 PM

Maybe it is “Chef’s Meat Pies”, and not “Chet”.  I’ll bet it was cut of a magazine ad or something.

Bob Friddle

I don’t see anything popping up in vintage ads for Chet or Chef meat pies

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Charles Kinzer via Groups.Io

Well that's John... Meat Pies is pretty funny...  so it seems he would have done that purposely as and I do think that is a small t and not an f...    But no matter...   like Sgt. Ennis  we may never be sure who this represented.    

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 5:43 PM Bob Friddle <bob.friddle@...> wrote:

Bob Friddle

oops, my mistake, I was thinking chet but it’s Whit towers

Thanks,

Bob Friddle,

On Jul 10, 2019, at 5:21 PM, Randy Lee Decker via Groups.Io <randyleedecker@...> wrote:

Well that's John... Meat Pies is pretty funny...  so it seems he would have done that purposely as and I do think that is a small t and not an f...    But no matter...   like Sgt. Ennis  we may never be sure who this represented.    

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 5:43 PM Bob Friddle <bob.friddle@...> wrote: