Topics

I just won a new slide on EBay!!!

Jeffrey L Witt

Taken by Jack Alexander. The scribbles on it were just for the auction.

Charles Kinzer

Edited

Jeff:

I also saw it, watched it, but did not bid.  If I had, I would have sent you the slide or at least the image anyway!

Interesting, and rare, item.

And it is more proof that he got out into the daylight from time to time.

Taken by Jack Alexander. The scribbles on it were just for the auction.

Randy Lee Decker

Edited

Nice.... I was hoping if anyone got it they'd send it along to you...  No worries now.. !

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 6:55 PM Jeffrey L Witt via groups.io <jlwitt=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Taken by Jack Alexander. The scribbles on it were just for the auction.

Russell Courtenay

Edited

Great find! Any idea about the story of John Allen in a Pennsylvania?

On May 7, 2020, at 4:55 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via groups.io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

Taken by Jack Alexander. The scribbles on it were just for the auction.

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Congratulations, Jeff! Great find!

Russell,

Message https://groups.io/g/GandD/message/16222 might provide a clue.

Yes, Andrew’s involvement in Penn Central. This must have an earlier visit, maybe 1950’s?

On May 7, 2020, at 6:15 PM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

Russell,

Message https://groups.io/g/GandD/message/16222 might provide a clue.

Tom Milam

Super cool and rare!

Tom Milam

On May 7, 2020, at 4:55 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via groups.io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

Taken by Jack Alexander. The scribbles on it were just for the auction.

<JA_Jack_Alexander_Slide.JPG>

Keith Roger Beard Trinity

Cool. Is this from the same "Cliff Trip"? As seen in the black and white prints I scanned?
In the Misc gallery; http://gdlines.org/GDLines/GD_Galleries/Miscellaneous/index.html
--
Keith Roger-Beard Trinity, owner,  9 Cielo Vista Terrace, Monterey

Tom Milam

John May have traveled to a NMRA convention of which he was very active and supported.
I haven’t checked for convention locations/years to confirm but most likely why he traveled.
Again great find!

Tom Milam

On May 7, 2020, at 4:55 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via groups.io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

Taken by Jack Alexander. The scribbles on it were just for the auction.

<JA_Jack_Alexander_Slide.JPG>

Bruce Wilson

From the NMRA web site a list of past conventions

1951 New York
1952 Portland
1953 Toronto
1954 Chicago
1955 Baltimore
1956 St. Paul
1957 Houston
1958 Pittsburgh
1959 San Diego
1960 Chicago
1961 Cleveland
1962 Montreal
1963 Indianapolis
1964 Philadelphia
1965 Vancouver
1966 Cincinnati

Bruce Wilson
Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Life Member    NMRA
Member    Scale 7 Group    Gauge 0 Guild  7mmNGA
Member Bird Studies Canada   Ontario Bird Banding Association
Nature Barrie      Simcoe County Banding Group
On 5/8/2020 15:06, Tom Milam via groups.io wrote:

John May have traveled to a NMRA convention of which he was very active and supported.
I haven’t checked for convention locations/years to confirm but most likely why he traveled.
Again great find!

Tom Milam

On May 7, 2020, at 4:55 PM, Jeffrey L Witt via groups.io <jlwitt@...> wrote:

Taken by Jack Alexander. The scribbles on it were just for the auction.

<JA_Jack_Alexander_Slide.JPG>

Randy Lee Decker

Can anyone estimate the year?  John looks very young in that photo to me.  This could even be late 40's....   ??possibly??

Randy

From the NMRA web site a list of past conventions