Topics

I have a dream......

mwbauers

No, it's nothing to do with giving a speech in D.C.

But I've wanted a copy of the G & D doodlebug for many years.

There's this fellow that will make me some laser cut bodies for a moderate fee and I was thinking the G & D doodlebug would be about right for me to finally get mine and a few extras as well.

I need to be creative and work with some drafting techniques on the pictures of the unit found in the G&D book and some grabs from the video.

There were a couple of shots over the years in some MR articles of John's structures.

I was wondering if anyone had additional shots of this unit and could share scans of them with me?

As I see it, it should work quite well with a possibly re-sectioned contemporary Bachmann Doodlebug mechanism in HO. I'd like to see it in N scale as well, but that would be a bit later. It's the same cad artwork, so a re-scale is a snap.

--
regards,
Mike Bauers

Joe Melhorn <joe@...>

There's this fellow that will make me some laser cut bodies for a
moderate fee and I was thinking the G & D doodlebug would be about right
for me to finally get mine and a few extras as well.
Hi Mike,

Does this mean that you might be looking for some "buyers" to help offset the cost? I'd be interested in one or two, depending on the cost. Let me know. I unfortunately don't have any pictures that I could share. I have access to RMC and Model Railroader issues back to the late 40's, early 50's. If there is an issue from which you need scans, let me know, I'll get the issue from our club library, scan it and send it to you.

Thanks,

Joe Melhorn
Orangevale, CA (near Sacramento)