Topics

How do you deal with your tenders? Ten wheelers

Greg Komar

Gregg,

If you’re asking me about my 2-8-0’s, there are some “portraits” at:

https://gregkomar.smugmug.com/West-Virginia-Northern/WVN-Steam-Locomotive-Portraits/

Greg Komar

gkomar@...

Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gregg Tivnan via Groups.Io
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:59 AM
To: GandD@groups.io
Subject: Re: [GandD] How do you deal with your tenders?

I would like to know more about your fleet of ten-wheelers, They look Tyco Pettycoat Junction (Sierra RR #3).

If it is too off topic, please send as a PM.

Gregg

On Thursday, June 27, 2019, 7:36:12 AM CDT, Russ Desmond via Groups.Io <capdes101@...> wrote:

Yes Greg I'm aware that modern railroaders place speakers, DCC stuff and other things in their tenders....... Me I'm an old time analog railroader and the only thing in my tender is the light for the back of the tender so I am not constrained by that factor. I could make a tender almost outta coal and gaming on making the next yard before their coal supplies run out..... sort of like what John did with "water units" on the G&D line. Imagine the embarrassment of running out of coal or water out on the mainline. Hopefully there is a siding nearby otherwise that section of the mainline is shut down until a wreck train arrives with coal or water. Pure John Allen with the double whammy of coal & water. Imagine the embarrassment of a newly frocked engineer having that occur to him and the railroad shutting down till his train is cleared ... so much for schedules and the fast clock ticks it's always advancing cadence 

Gregg Tivnan

Hi Greg,

those were not what I was speaking of, however they are GREAT. Thanks for sending me the link. Beautiful work.

I was speaking of a batch of ten wheelers. I forget who posted the pics.

Gregg

On Thursday, June 27, 2019, 8:50:30 AM CDT, Greg Komar <gkomar@...> wrote:

Gregg,

If you’re asking me about my 2-8-0’s,there are some “portraits” at:

https://gregkomar.smugmug.com/West-Virginia-Northern/WVN-Steam-Locomotive-Portraits/

GregKomar

gkomar@...

Bedecisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flatsquirrels who couldn ' t make adecision.

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto: GandD@groups.io ]On Behalf Of Gregg Tivnan viaGroups.Io
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:59AM
Subject: Re: [GandD] How do youdeal with your tenders?

I would like to know more about your fleet of ten-wheelers, They lookTyco Pettycoat Junction (Sierra RR #3).

If it is too off topic, please send as a PM.

Gregg

On Thursday, June27, 2019, 7:36:12 AM CDT, Russ Desmond via Groups.Io <capdes101@...>wrote:

Yes Greg I ' m aware that modern railroaders place speakers, DCCstuff and other things in their tenders....... Me I ' man old time analog railroader and the only thing in my tender is the light forthe back of the tender so I am not constrained by that factor. I could make atender almost outta coal and gaming on making the next yard before their coalsupplies run out..... sort of like what John did with "water units"on the G&D line. Imagine the embarrassment of running out of coal or waterout on the mainline. Hopefully there is a siding nearby otherwise that sectionof the mainline is shut down until a wreck train arrives with coal or water.Pure John Allen with the double whammy of coal & water. Imagine theembarrassment of a newly frocked engineer having that occur to him and therailroad shutting down till his train is cleared ... so much for schedules andthe fast clock ticks it ' s alwaysadvancing cadence 

David Woodrell

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 06:50 AM, Greg Komar wrote:
Spectacular work, Greg!!!

Dave

Greg Komar

Dave,

Thanks for your kind words. They look even better earning their keep on the railroad. Need to take some more photos.

I took a zillion photos during their construction. If anyone has questions, I could post a few “guts & parts” photos.

Greg Komar

gkomar@...

Be decisive. Right or wrong, make a decision. The road of life is paved with flat squirrels who couldn't make a decision.

From: GandD@groups.io [mailto:GandD@groups.io] On Behalf Of David Woodrell
Sent: Friday, June 28, 2019 11:52 AM
Subject: Re: [GandD] How do you deal with your tenders? Ten wheelers

On Thu, Jun 27, 2019 at 06:50 AM, Greg Komar wrote:

Spectacular work, Greg!!!

Dave

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

Guts & Gorre Brotha...  Guts & Gorre.....   
   Please do post a few pics.   One day I will have  some engines painted and lettered as needed.  Until then, I love seeing extremely well done paint jobs and any ideas for sound will go into the bin for later.   

Randy  

Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR)

Great looking locos, Greg!

Thanks for posting!

--
Tom
<PR> PINE RIDGE RR