Topics

gdlines.info UPDATED!

Jeffrey L Witt

Lots of new contents added (I may have carpal tunnel syndrome after this!).

Note for Newbies: gdlines.org and gdlines.info a two separate sites, for reasons I don't want to go into here. This update is for gdlines.info.

To review the new content, start here:     http://gdlines.info/G&D_Files.htm
All the new content is listed first, in the blue-shaded section. There may also be notes and comments regarding these items included.
It looks like this:

For general references to ALL publications, go here:     http://gdlines.info/john_allen_publications.htm
Find what you want, and click the link. This will re-direct you to a page that lists the various pages of content for that selection.
The info you are looking for will be at the very top of the page! (like this:)
Clicking the circled link:

Takes you here:

Note that you can scroll around on this page and browse items, too.

Some new items are from MR Facebook posts. Note also that Bob Hogan's RMC article is now up, too.
His photos (which most of you have seen) will be going to a gallery on gdlines.org, but that takes a little more time.

Enjoy, Group!

Jeff,

These are really great scans! Thanks for providing them. I appreciate your extra work, organization and documentation.

I had forgotten about several of these MR articles, particularly, "Operating on the GD - Oct 2018." Time to re-read them.

Tom Milam

Group Question,
We’re is Squawbottom station today? Is it with the group in the Monterey area ?
I was fortunate enough to purchase one back in the 80’s(?) when Pine Canyon Models did their kit. Still waiting to be built . Working on a somewhat new layout soon on my move from California to Colorado. Many sections of my old layout are going to be reused for a triple deck layout, some sadly will not.
Great to be a member of the GD group thanks to everyone.
Tom Milam

On Feb 18, 2020, at 6:43 PM, Tom Hokel (Pine Ridge RR) <PR-Line@...> wrote:

Jeff,

These are really great scans! Thanks for providing them. I appreciate your extra work, organization and documentation.

I had forgotten about several of these MR articles, particularly, "Operating on the GD - Oct 2018." Time to re-read them.

Thanks, Tom, glad you are enjoying them.

Given the advances in technology this the GDRP started (disk space and internet speeds), I have now started saving the jpeg files with minimum compression. Given the source material, they are effectively as good as the tiff files that I scan to. Those tiffs are saved un-retouched, and I work them over to make the jpegs.

This opens the door to re-doing many of the older scan jpegs, as they were often compress at 40 or 70 (just a number my graphics program uses), where the artifacts are visible on zooms. And my chops are much better at cleaning up the images as well.

I think you can see the quality of these later scans vs. the earlier ones; pulling a quality image out of these magazine scans (especially the older ones, where pages have yellowed, etc.) takes some effort.

I appreciate the positive feedback!

Regards,

Jeff