Topics

Gazettes

Russell Courtenay

Edited

I’ll have to explore the online indices more, they seem buggy to me. I plan on taking a photo of the table of contents page of every magazine I own, I seem to do better with that kind of reference. 

I have managed to locate all my boxes of magazines in the process of cleaning up the barn for my proposed layout. For G&D content, it includes a narrower O scale version of the original G&D in one corner. It will be totally portable because the landlord has decided he will not sell, but I would love to take it to shows anyway! An artsy shot of the barn at sunset is attached. 

Hand is getting better, still hurts but I was able to play a song on my guitar when a couple little girls asked why I was strumming my guitar by my car at Emmett Cruise Night (I thought I would try after 2 months of not touching the guitar since the accident) managed a near perfect rendition of The Needle and The Damage Done, they were joyous and so was I!

Russell Courtenay
July is national what month?

On Jul 24, 2019, at 3:49 PM, Darryl Huffman via Groups.Io <darrylhuffman@...> wrote:

Russell,

No need to catalog the Gazettes.

Trains online website that has an index of articles in the Gazette and other magazines.

How is your hand?

Darryl Huffman

Randy Lee Decker <randyleedecker@...>

Edited

Needle and the Damage...!      Whatcha doing pl'n thet hippie suf  fer...  

Love it..    Be well sir.    

Randy 

On Wed, Jul 24, 2019 at 6:25 PM Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io <walruswebtech=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
I’ll have to explore the online indices more, they seem buggy to me. I plan on taking a photo of the table of contents page of every magazine I own, I seem to do better with that kind of reference. 

I have managed to locate all my boxes of magazines in the process of cleaning up the barn for my proposed layout. For G&D content, it includes a narrower O scale version of the original G&D in one corner. It will be totally portable because the landlord has decided he will not sell, but I would love to take it to shows anyway! An artsy shot of the barn at sunset is attached. 

Hand is getting better, still hurts but I was able to play a song on my guitar when a couple little girls asked why I was strumming my guitar by my car at Emmett Cruise Night (I thought I would try after 2 months of not touching the guitar since the accident) managed a near perfect rendition of The Needle and The Damage Done, they were joyous and so was I!

Russell Courtenay

On Jul 24, 2019, at 3:49 PM, Darryl Huffman via Groups.Io <darrylhuffman@...> wrote:

Russell,

Trains online website that has an index of articles in the Gazette and other magazines.

How is your hand?

Darryl Huffman

Bob Friddle

Edited

One does have to wonder about the song choice for a couple of little girls, no?
Glad to hear you’re doing better though! 
Bob

On Jul 24, 2019, at 5:25 PM, Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io <walruswebtech@...> wrote:

Russell Courtenay
<image1.jpeg>

Russell,

How is your hand?

Darryl Huffman

Russell Courtenay

Yeah, I assumed (correctly) they didn’t know the song or the lyrics, but it was the first song I could think of that didn’t require a G chord, which I can’t play with my gimped little finger...

I would have played Old Man (with muted high G!) but if their parents overheard, it may have been misinterpreted...

I did start writing a song about the G&D back on Golden Spike day (March 12) but it was a jazz sound I came up with and such a song will take some time to finish...

Russell Courtenay

On Jul 24, 2019, at 8:44 PM, Bob Friddle <bob.friddle@...> wrote:

One does have to wonder about the song choice for a couple of little girls, no?
Glad to hear you’re doing better though! 
Bob
On Jul 24, 2019, at 5:25 PM, Russell Courtenay via Groups.Io <walruswebtech@...> wrote:

Russell Courtenay
<image1.jpeg>

Russell,

How is your hand?

Darryl Huffman