Topics

G&D slides

Dave

about 15 years ago or so, not for sure the exact time. I saw an ad in
the back of MR for a 40 slide set of the G&D, which I purchased.
today I pulled out the pack of slides and with it came a letter head
from the G&D and a sheet with a description of each slide. At the top
it says that there is enough slides to do another set, they said if
enough interest they'd produce them. Does anyone know if they ever
did do a second set? And if not what ever happened to all those
slides? The company was or is called West Coast Slides from San
Pedro, California, I can't seem to locate them using the internet
yellow pages.

Thanks,
Dave Salamon
N scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

Pat Turner

I remember seeing those ads and I never ordered any as I didn't have a
slide projector to view them.
Any chance of scanning them and posting to the list?
There have also been other G&D items listed in the back of MR over the
years. There was a guy selling custom lettered G&D reffers in three car sets
several years ago. I did order these and there are very nice well done
white, wood reffers.

Pat Turner, SER/V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org

about 15 years ago or so, not for sure the exact time. I saw an ad in
the back of MR for a 40 slide set of the G&D, which I purchased.
today I pulled out the pack of slides and with it came a letter head
from the G&D and a sheet with a description of each slide. At the top
it says that there is enough slides to do another set, they said if
enough interest they'd produce them. Does anyone know if they ever
did do a second set? And if not what ever happened to all those
slides? The company was or is called West Coast Slides from San
Pedro, California, I can't seem to locate them using the internet
yellow pages.

Thanks,
Dave Salamon
N scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

James Powell <james.powell@...>

Keith and all...

I think the article series Keith is referring to is the ones by Jim Findley.

James
www.trevinocircle.com

Hi, this is Keith in Monterey. I live in John's house.
When we bought the place we found a box of slides and my Dad got in
contact
with someone which (I believe, been awhile) resulted in a series articles
in
one of the model RR mags. I am not sure if we have any of the slides left,
will ask him, but he has moved several times and has had a stroke etc....
ps I have part of a salvaged control panel if someone is curious in
identifying it. How do I post pics???.....Keith

Message: 9
Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:04:00 -0000
From: "Dave <drs_rr@...>" <drs_rr@...>
Subject: G&D slides

about 15 years ago or so, not for sure the exact time. I saw an ad in
the back of MR for a 40 slide set of the G&D, which I purchased.
today I pulled out the pack of slides and with it came a letter head
from the G&D and a sheet with a description of each slide. At the top
it says that there is enough slides to do another set, they said if
enough interest they'd produce them. Does anyone know if they ever
did do a second set? And if not what ever happened to all those
slides? The company was or is called West Coast Slides from San
Pedro, California, I can't seem to locate them using the internet
yellow pages.

Thanks,
Dave Salamon

Keith

Hi, this is Keith in Monterey. I live in John's house.
When we bought the place we found a box of slides and my Dad got in contact
with someone which (I believe, been awhile) resulted in a series articles in
one of the model RR mags. I am not sure if we have any of the slides left, I

Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:04:00 -0000
From: "Dave <drs_rr@...>" <drs_rr@...>

about 15 years ago or so, not for sure the exact time. I saw an ad in
the back of MR for a 40 slide set of the G&D, which I purchased.
today I pulled out the pack of slides and with it came a letter head
from the G&D and a sheet with a description of each slide. At the top
it says that there is enough slides to do another set, they said if
enough interest they'd produce them. Does anyone know if they ever
did do a second set? And if not what ever happened to all those
slides? The company was or is called West Coast Slides from San
Pedro, California, I can't seem to locate them using the internet
yellow pages.

Thanks,
Dave Salamon

Pat Turner

Posting pics it easy. Go to either the "Files" or the "Photos" page. Select
"Make Folder" fill in the blanks. The Select "Add Photo/File" and pic your
photo off your hard drive.
It is easy to do, don't worry.

Pat Turner, SER/V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org

Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:04:00 -0000
From: "Dave <drs_rr@...>" <drs_rr@...>

about 15 years ago or so, not for sure the exact time. I saw an ad in
the back of MR for a 40 slide set of the G&D, which I purchased.
today I pulled out the pack of slides and with it came a letter head
from the G&D and a sheet with a description of each slide. At the top
it says that there is enough slides to do another set, they said if
enough interest they'd produce them. Does anyone know if they ever
did do a second set? And if not what ever happened to all those
slides? The company was or is called West Coast Slides from San
Pedro, California, I can't seem to locate them using the internet
yellow pages.

Thanks,
Dave Salamon

tonkamoes <atticat@attbi.com> <atticat@...>

Hi Keith, this is Keith in Fresno, Long time Monterey resident. Are
you building a railroad in the old house? I know the house was worked
over during restoration. And it was rented for many years. Did they
wall off the un-improved area under the house where the layout was?
Happy Hoildays, Keith

Date: Fri, 27 Dec 2002 08:04:00 -0000
From: "Dave <drs_rr@y...>" <drs_rr@y...>

[...]

Pat,

I don't have a projector either. I borrowed a small view once to
look at them, I had 2 of them printed in an 8x10, another 5x7 and
thats it. If I get a chance over the next couple of days I'll scan
them and post them. I should just go and have them all printed.

Dave Salamon
N Scale - Deep River Southern
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=330031&uid=168382

Keith

Keith;
The house sat vacant for many years (I grew up down the street). We bought
it and fixed it up, it was never rented. We lowered the floor in the
basement due to not enough headroom for living space (big job breaking up
the cement and heartbreaking job of tearing out what was left of the
layout!!). It is now my workshop/storage etc. I am not into modeling trains
but certainly know what John and his layout was. My brother does modeling
with the local club that works out of the old train station in Salinas, he
also is building a ride-able steam engine.
....Keith
ps I will try to get a pic posted of a control panel that may be of
interest......

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:01:42 -0000
From: "tonkamoes <atticat@...>" <atticat@...>
Subject: Re: G&D slides

Hi Keith, this is Keith in Fresno, Long time Monterey resident. Are
you building a railroad in the old house? I know the house was worked
over during restoration. And it was rented for many years. Did they
wall off the un-improved area under the house where the layout was?
Happy Hoildays, Keith

tonkamoes <atticat@attbi.com> <atticat@...>

Hi Keith,
Thank you for your reply. I guess you are the neighbor that I heard
bought the place. The local rumor was that a neighbor bought it and
rented in out. Thank you for letting us know the straight story. I
know it was vacent for many years. I wanted to buy it, but was too
young and could not swing both family and a restoration project. I
bet it was a sad thing to tear the remainder of the layout from its
resting place. Thank you again for sharing this with us and Happy
Holidays, Keith

Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 16:01:42 -0000
From: "tonkamoes <atticat@a...>" <atticat@a...>

Hi Keith, this is Keith in Fresno, Long time Monterey resident.
Are
you building a railroad in the old house? I know the house was
worked
over during restoration. And it was rented for many years. Did
they
wall off the un-improved area under the house where the layout
was?
Happy Hoildays, Keith

k secrest <boxcab_e50@...>

Dave-

If memory has not faded too badly, the fellow who
is/was West Coast slides, should be named Leon
Callaway. Believe he was in southern California.

Ken

http://mailplus.yahoo.com