Topics

G&D ore car #17

DPG

Hello Group

I have always had a liking to the original G&D ore car # 17 on John
Allen's G&D. I would like to have ore car or three of the same design on my
HO railroad. Pictures of G&D ore car #17 and other ore cars of the same
design of the can found the Linn Westcott's book about John Allen on page 32,
107, 122, 133.

What I was wondering if the ore car was an out of production kit? Who
made the kit? Or was it a brass model? Anyone got one or more for sale? Or
if it was custom built by John? If it was custom built; did he work from
some plans? Where can I get I copy of the plans? Any help would be great.

Thanks
Dugan

Shop foreman of the Miniature Locomotive Backshop: Dugan Gorman, PO Box 402,
Newfield, NY. 14867
http:members.aol.com/DCCatMLB/intro.html
Authorized Dealer since 1995 for: NCE, Zimo, Digitrax, Lenz, SystemOne and
Soundtraxx. <A HREF="http://members.aol.com/DCCatMLB/intro.html">Miniature Locomotive Backshop DCC Sales</A>

James Powell <jpowell@...>

I think it says in the book it was custom made by John and was one of his first G&D models.

James
www.trevinocircle.com

[...]

Pat Turner

This car shows up in some of the first photos of the original layout I
think. That was the time John was doing a lot of scatchbuilding I think and
this car was most likely part of that.
It has always been one of my favorites also.

Pat Turner: Pat@...
NMRA/SER V.P.
www.On30.org
www.Sn3.org